largest engine swapped

angelmanuel

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting. i would have thought someone would have dropped a V-6 or V-8 in there by now.

Maybe, but why?

You can make oodles of power (more than the car can take) out of a 4 cylinder (try SR20DET or CA18DET). And after you have this power, it will be lighter than any v6 or v8 brother.

A v6 or v8 is more of a "hey look at me" type of thing.

I've heard of V6 Buick 3.8 swaps in older ones and in 1200's.

There was even a guy on here a while back that was hell-bent on a VK45DE V8 from an Infinti.

Whatever happened to that guy? He was so certain it was doable? Another dead Datsun?

The KA E/DE has lots of power. And if that is not enough, there is always a snail for sale somewhere.

Maybe, but why?

You can make oodles of power (more than the car can take) out of a 4 cylinder (try SR20DET or CA18DET). And after you have this power, it will be lighter than any v6 or v8 brother.

A v6 or v8 is more of a "hey look at me" type of thing.

well, i cant buy the whole lighter argument. a 4 cylinder built to handle lots of boost will be very heavy. i owned a SRT-4 (which can make 500 hp relatively easily) and i remember in the forums people saying that an LS1 was only about 75 pounds heavier. a stock V8 can provide tons of power in stock form.

anyway, i am not trying to start a V8 is better than a 4 cylinder war. i was just curious about it. thanks for all your opinions.

well, i cant buy the whole lighter argument. a 4 cylinder built to handle lots of boost will be very heavy. i owned a SRT-4 (which can make 500 hp relatively easily) and i remember in the forums people saying that an LS1 was only about 75 pounds heavier. a stock V8 can provide tons of power in stock form.

anyway, i am not trying to start a V8 is better than a 4 cylinder war. i was just curious about it. thanks for all your opinions.

...... :blink: oh, 401 nailhead then, I misunderstood

just curious, what is the largest engine you guys have heard OF being swapped into a 210 (B310)?

if you are interested in putting in a ca18det into a b210, i have the motor mount templates. you can have them for free. the only catch is that you have to use the mckinny motorsports motormounts and tranny mount. they sell them cheap.

i have a ca18det in my b210, and i fucking love it. This motor turned my car from a meek mannered little car, into a ballistic little bully. I love rollin up on fools that think there fast cuz they got a honda with a filter and an exhaust.