Yellow Fogs

BLOZ UP

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also he said for a z car, wouldnt the merc lenses be the wrong size? they would fit the trucks right? maybe he means secondary lights like to put in the grille or something

Good point.

I missed the Z car part.

I want to say the Z cars also have a 5 3/4" headlight.

But I am not positive.

They're out there.

I know Hella makes lens covers for their conversion headlight housings.

Z car is 7inch round. They are also single round, so are both high/low. You will not find an OEM yellow lense that is High/low for your Z car.

Buy glass paint. Or buy yellow headlight film.

since he's saying fog lights i'm assuming he means secondary lights that will be added on like forward racing lights. i test fitted a set of harley fogs from my friends bike and they looked great in the grille of the z, with the chrome bezel and chrome mounting bars

mounting thoughs? youre going to put on bumper? what looks nice is below the grille when the bumper is removed, or when 240z bumpers are used. smaller ones fit the look of the car nicer than the big ones as used on that 2002 in the picture

I always try to hide them behind the grill. No fog or driving lamps look good mounted up front. Unless a factory option. (just the purist in me I guess)

Fog lamps are designed to have a wide side to side but narrow top to bottom beam pattern. This reduces the light reflected back at the driver. Think of Star Trek warp speed when using high beams in a snow storm. The yellow color also helps improve depth perception compared to foggy grey.

Any coating on a headlamp will reduce the light output. So you must weigh seeing properly, (safety) against style or what's in fashion. Dedicated amber fog lamps are best and allow the use of factory lamps..

mounting thoughs? youre going to put on bumper? what looks nice is below the grille when the bumper is removed, or when 240z bumpers are used. smaller ones fit the look of the car nicer than the big ones as used on that 2002 in the picture

why did i get a negative response on this? people keep doing this when ive said nothing wrong