slave cylinder went out 521

banzai510(hainz)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to practice driving without a clutch. Approach stops in neutral, turn engine off, put it in gear, and start it again. To shift, take load off transmission, shift to neutral, match engine speed to the new gear, and put it in that gear.

Practice this before you are in rush hour traffic in Beaverton.

• Like 1

Have lots of practice

This is like my 3rd time a slave has gone out. 2 were on my 510 when I was in seattle. about 22mile drive home

Lucky they was at night. start in 1st and hit I5 south then Hwy 18 and dont really need to shift at all till I hit my neiborhood. the old 4 sppeds are alot EZer than the 5speed sto get in gear.

gas it,let off on gas to unload it and gently shift .

I can still find nabco, but they are being over soon because taiwancheap products sell better.........the stupid idea of buyers that they are saving money when buying cheap.....they will buy 3 or 4 sets befora a Jap made one will las longer(double the price). I have learned long time ago not to buy TW, only on extreme cases, like emergencies.

Sorry to hear Hainz.....

BUY New.

I went to NAPA nothing

I went to Autozone Nothing

I went to O rileys they dont carry Beck Arnely anymore.

They carry some brand I never heard of. I said I would ck with Rockauto. But ask if they had a master clutch clylinder for a 521 they said yes if orederd. I said How Much? he said 22$

I couldnt believe the price. Its cheaper!!!!!!!!!!and with Lifetime warentee. I said its go to be made in CHINA

I will find out 2day.

everybody who has a 521 and they plan on keeping it a long time best to buy up the Nabcos if tyou can find them.

But maybe even now the BekArnley are taiwan

Blusky I have the rebuild kits in the truck vut I figure I can drive home faster and install a new one than to get UNDER the vehicle again and do this 1 time than after 6 months the rebuild takes a shit again

I like the Jeep Cherokkees slave cylinder. They made of a plastic and this keeps the wear minimal as the metal slaves can get wet and Rust and put an that destroyes the seal.

Bought 2 new Slaves 521 hopefully Nabco

1 510 slave ,taiwan

2 new Dorman brake masters 521 looks like taiwan but cast iron looks like

2new front wheel 521 Nabco or Tockico

2 rear wheel cylinders 521 anyguess where its made EIS brand

this is hard to understand. i think you have bought 2 front wheel cylinders? whats the part # on those?

Typically the Nabco stuff are rebuilds. They disassemble johnny 5 and put in new seals, dust cover, paint it and call it good. That's why the boxes from carquest, rock, etc all got Nabco's in them. The disadvantages are that the seals that got replaced may be of lower quality which is typically what fails.