anyone in socal-

dratgirl

hi everyone- my boyfriend's got a 72 Datsun 510 he's resurrecting, its up an runnin, but we are still lackin some things here and there, anyone know of a good place to get parts- the junk yards are exhausted, ebay aint got what we need, got any ideas? :confused:

we are in the general LA, Orange county area

we need a back seat for a 72 510 4-door

lookin for a 5-speed dog leg

and possibly a better hood.

thanx!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there are plenty of LA area people that can help. im not close enough on a regular basis

the JY's are always emptied w/in a few days of something showing up :cursing:

http://www.dimequarterly.com/ <-- good want ads

hood just listed in AZ --> http://www.the510realm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8862

if your in whittier, try 'hosestop' (and harrass brad) he can hook you up with local parts people.

and welcome!

thanx datsunfreak, we'll have to check it out! figured this was the best place to meet people who can help! thats how i got here :) met John at a swapmeet.

i was just tryin to see if there was anyplace we just happened to miss.

as for the parts, its not for lack of a more motivated boyfriend, the things we are lookin for are all novelty. its not like we're in desparate need. socal is a great place to find shit, but when you factor in the condition, & the price & five other guys lookin to grab it b4 you, its not always easy to find a good buy. hence the post- know of any good places to get parts?

Find a more motivated BOYFRIEND

You need a BF like me.....

*looks at his forum name*

BTW there was a 510 wagon in the Santa Fe Springs junker that was used as a mural. This was 2 or 3 weeks ago, and well the whole front was there.

ADDRESSS!!!

13780 Imperial Hwy

Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

(562) 404-2277

I'm not sure but they used to tell you if you call them what type of cars they have inside. Give them a call to see if they can still tell you if they still have it inside. If not, its just 2 dollars to go in....

thanx datsunfreak, we'll have to check it out! figured this was the best place to meet people who can help! thats how i got here :) met John at a swapmeet.

i was just tryin to see if there was anyplace we just happened to miss.

as for the parts, its not for lack of a more motivated boyfriend, the things we are lookin for are all novelty. its not like we're in desparate need. socal is a great place to find shit, but when you factor in the condition, & the price & five other guys lookin to grab it b4 you, its not always easy to find a good buy. hence the post- know of any good places to get parts?

Hey dratgirl. Glad to see you made it over here. Have you found your parts yet? If not shoot me an email and I'll see if I can help ya. It was good to meet you guys at the swapmeet. Hope to run into you again, And hope I have my camera with me. You would look really cool sittin on my wagon.:cool:

hi everyone- my boyfriend's got a 72 Datsun 510 he's resurrecting, its up an runnin, but we are still lackin some things here and there, anyone know of a good place to get parts- the junk yards are exhausted, ebay aint got what we need, got any ideas? :confused:

we are in the general LA, Orange county area

we need a back seat for a 72 510 4-door

lookin for a 5-speed dog leg

and possibly a better hood.

thanx!

try mike at datsunlandsocal.com he has all kinds of 510 parts he is located in brea calif glad :D to see your on ratsun we met at eagle the rock swapmeet i told you about ratsun

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/1datrod/japaneseclassiccarshow2007038.jpg

Wasnt there some drama about that website on the bluebirds list a few weeks ago? I have always had good luck on the DQ, selling and buying.

the drama was about mike telling someone on the bluebirdslist that thaught he knew everything about 510s that he didn't know what he was talking about the guy said that nissan made a factory tacometer for a 68 510 when in truth they only made a clock mike corrected him in saying that no 68 tacometer was ever made the guy didn't like being corrected and gave mike shit well mike gave him shit right back then this guy starts talking shit about datsunlandsocal just to put the website down

the drama was about mike telling someone on the bluebirdslist that thaught he knew everything about 510s that he didn't know what he was talking about the guy said that nissan made a factory tacometer for a 68 510 when in truth they only made a clock mike corrected him in saying that no 68 tacometer was ever made the guy didn't like being corrected and gave mike shit well mike gave him shit right back then this guy starts talking shit about datsunlandsocal just to put the website down

That's the best part on being online. You can be as badass as you want. :fu: When your sitting in your livingroom.

the drama was about mike...

you have admit that he can be an a$$hole at times. he can be :cool: too.

ive told him it to his face.

he tends to fly off the handle when all the facts arent yet known. he insulted the group, not just an individual in that fiasco. and it wasnt the first time.

i have NO issue/hassle with what ive bought from him, 'cept maybe the prices :P

hes not the only individual buying everything to set/keep the prices artificially high.

thank you soooo much, you have all been sooo helpful!!! a little update on the frankendato, we just picked her up from the Z-shop today, she was gettin tuned :) she's lookin good, i'll get new pix up soon. not goin with the dogleg after all, still workin on the hood & the backseat tho... definately gonna check out you local guys!! you're all awesome!!!!

im actually goin to sell the piece of shit volvo i drive right now and use that money to hopefully buy myself a dato wagon to call my very own ;) if it isn't toooo expensive and in runnin condition (manual or automatic)- so if ya'll hear bout anything shoot me a line!!!!:thumbup: i totally appreciate all the help! you're fuckin awesome!

thanks again to all the guys at the swap meet who told me about this site too! message me and i'll send ya some pix of yer rides :)

Yeah! i totally remember! i have some great pix of your car, thats one of the reasons i want a wagon!

i'll definately check em out!

try mike at datsunlandsocal.com he has all kinds of 510 parts he is located in brea calif glad :D to see your on ratsun we met at eagle the rock swapmeet i told you about ratsun

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/1datrod/japaneseclassiccarshow2007038.jpg

Hey dratgirl. Glad to see you made it over here. Have you found your parts yet? If not shoot me an email and I'll see if I can help ya. It was good to meet you guys at the swapmeet. Hope to run into you again, And hope I have my camera with me. You would look really cool sittin on my wagon.:cool:

lol, it'd be kool to take pix with your car ;), infact, you are partially to blame for why i want a wagon of my own!!!:D

but news on the Frankendato, i need front end parts and tires. the new front end we put on left us with headlights that are a no matchie :( . this weekend we are checkin out ALL of the places you guys have listed. if ya listed yerselves, guess what, we are bringin beer and stoppin by! you know this because i have messaged ALL of you that have given me a location or a resource! thank you SO much guys!! :thumbsup: