620 KC cali truck

Gearshredder

A few days ago I picked up a what seems to be a stock, cancer free cali 620 KC. I still have yet to pull the thing apart to see the hidden damage but so far there is no bed rust, hinges are good, door panels are good, hood, battery tray (amazingly) frame, and anything that I can see from the exterior. I don't have pictures yet but will post hopefully tomorrow if I remember.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah-Blah-Blah <_< Its nice to hear that you are so excited about your new Datsun 620 & all but you really should wait to post about it until you get pics. I dont mean this in a bad way ;) (great italian eraser)

Show us da PICS mahn! :cool:

didn't happen if there are no pics to prove it!

hey i just bought this thing like 3 days ago! Give me a break! wink.gif Ill take pics today. It was nice enough for the guy to have the smog and safety done already. Drove down to the dmv right after i picked it up and got plates lol. Been too busy driving it to get pictures rolleyes.gif

More pictures :D

dsc02363a.jpg

Wiring in progress, fixing the burnt wires and finding some missing grounds. Reason why my alternator wasn't charging at idle.

dsc02365a.jpg

Nasty

dsc02368k.jpg

dsc02370e.jpg

Before

dsc02369y.jpg

After? Debating on getting rid of the white walls with these wheels, or getting a new set of wheels anyways. Paint maybe?

dsc02372z.jpg

dsc02374me.jpg

dsc02375ga.jpg

dsc02376q.jpg

getting rid of the ghetto roof

dsc02377q.jpg

Its hidden.. But will be revealed

dsc02379zs.jpg

dsc02382pq.jpg

dsc02383y.jpg

dsc02384t.jpg

Problem now, Is that im charging at 16.4v since I fixed it lol. Turn my headlights on and it charges at a good 13.4. Idk what it is at higher rpm but im guessing the regulator is going out? plan on a newer alternator or something.

• 3 months later...

I got tired of the alternator so I decided to swap in a KA lol. Heres my progress:

imag0164k.jpg

picked this up for $150 looks like a steal. Came with full wiring harness with ecu. From a 89 240sx.

imag0166n.jpg

imag0171v.jpg

Heres half the reason why they got rid of it.

imag0168tv.jpg

Here's the other half. But this is cylinder 3. Huh?

imag0172u.jpg

imag0169z.jpg

Head had been cleaned but not all that well. Coolant passages are very dirty.

My theory is the previous owner did timing for some initial reason. Accidentally hit pistons with number 3 but didn't bend anything. Put together everything with the chain off a tooth or so and bent a valve. Tore it apart (bolts were missing on the manifolds) and gave up on the project. Score for me as long as everything else checks out ok. I also already have the oil pan and pickup tube off of a truck block to do the swap. Removing that oil pan was a pain. It required lifting the whole motor off of the mounts and removing the pickup tube first, then loosening the sway bar, rotate the oil pan and squeeze through the front. lol

Anyone know why the rear two cylinders are clean while the front are coated with carbon? They probably just forgot to clean the front two all that well lol.