My sr20det Datsun 510 build saga...

SSSEXXX

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it! I love you, but I hate you right now. Considering I don't want to go larger than 15" and +35 probably still won't clear the angle of the strut tube, I may be in for some problems.

you could have a swap kit done for 125.00 for cross member mod, 220.00 for sway bar, 40.00 motor mounts, 75.00 for tranny mount. so 460.00 and bammm done.

You can still sell that datsport kit and make a profit depending on what you paid for it

If you build a certain coilover set up,you don't need sway bars front or rear.I'm not running them in my car, and it doesn't lean at all.

Also I build custom KA/SR crossmembers for 200,if you want to see a picture let me know

Go to the 510 section and look under my posting of adjustable LCA's and there is a picture of the front coilover set up I run on my dime. And when I get home I will post a picture of my crossmember,pictures are on my laptop

So I have been searching high and low for these two pieces for my sr20 build, but have had no luck. Can anyone please help point me in the right direction??

6096545269_5053812881.jpg

6097091046_d66259d5a5.jpg

These are the only pieces I still need and the $tealership couldn't even identify them!!!

Dennis, your engine was sitting too high right? Did you sort that out yet? Are you running a top feed fuel rail?

sitting too high on both sides. it is due to the manufacturer of the 620 motor mounts, I might run the McKinney poly motor mounts. I am running a side feed rail, I like the way they look over the top feeds. Tops feed injectors are usually cheaper.

Also on that tube it is 1/2 bspt thread. You can run a brass or a steel fitting for it.

sitting too high on both sides. it is due to the manufacturer of the 620 motor mounts, I might run the McKinney poly motor mounts. I am running a side feed rail, I like the way they look over the top feeds. Tops feed injectors are usually cheaper.

Also on that tube it is 1/2 bspt thread. You can run a brass or a steel fitting for it.

I just picked up some poly motor mounts from MicKinny so when i finally get to the stage of putting my motor in ill report back

I think McKinney does shitty work. That crosmember looks like crap. Why don't you fabracate something from scratch McKinney. Like just inter coolers on eBay

Just intercoolers? they just sell CXRacing and they have some questionable products. Have you seen the welds on that aluminum cross member? I have heard good and bad things from McKinney, I figured they couldnt screw up motor mounts.

You know the farther I get in to this project, I have learned two very valuable lessons. First, no matter how well you may prepare in advance, there are always things you will need to do over at least once to get right. This is what has stalled my build thread recently. Second, that you cannot pay enough for the quality of work that a good fabricator with a passion for his/her/their work will do. If you find a fabricator on this board, with good crediability and a similar project you cannot go wrong. And as an added bonus, the parts are usually cheaper then what you would pay at a shop or on eBay.

Coming in this week... Datsport suspension and handling kit, wilwood brakes (front and rear), sway bar (thanks Dennis), s13 sr20det spark plug cover, powder coated parts (valve cover, intake manifold, and lower oil pan), machined hubs, Datsport transmission tunnel cover, and Datsport transmission mount.... Been an expensive month, but hoping to get the suspension, brakes, and engine sewn up over the holiday.

My apologies for the lack of picture updates fellas....

So I have been searching high and low for these two pieces for my sr20 build, but have had no luck. Can anyone please help point me in the right direction??

6096545269_5053812881.jpg

6097091046_d66259d5a5.jpg

These are the only pieces I still need and the $tealership couldn't even identify them!!!

Top pic is your turbo drain fitting into block. No need for OEM If in good condition Reuse it. or Aftermarket -10AN Jegs or Summit Or your local Specialty speed shop according to your Turbo Set up Top or Bottom Mount

Second pic looks like the coolant tube to your heater and TB. Try Cross referencing to USDM Nissans from the era KA's and the 92 SR20DE FWD You might just luck out. You can also plug and delete if you are not installing the heater and warms ups aren't important.

If you are going to get a Top Mount T25 CX Racing TubularManifold be aware they are not SS and it does not drop in like they claim. Modifications are required. I think I have seen some log manifolds on Ebay but without a doubt expect some modifications. You have some fancy components going into your build. i suggest you spend a little extra and have one made by a fab shop

Dude, you have no idea how immensely helpful that is. Thank you for takin the time to read through the thread and I really appreciate the answers to those questions. I will look in to the manifolds shortly. Are there any good fabricators you can recommend?