well i figured id post up some pics of the 77 luv i used to have.

i bought this truck for 5 bucks back in 06. i got it runnin about a week after i got it. the head that was on it was full of bent valves so i put one of my spare heads on it and it ran.

after about 5 months of title issues i was finally able to drive it.

over the next year i ended up throwin a rod in the first motor and loosing a timing chain tensioner in the second motor. i finally started fresh with a new motor. i built me an isuzu hybrid motor. it had a 1984 isuzu impulse bottom end. the impulse bottom ends had flattop factory pistons, and was also a 1.9l, compared to the stocker 1.8. then on top of that i put a 1.8 head. the 1.8 head had a small chamber, so it had 190 psi of compression on all 4 cylinders. it was all topped off with a weber 32/32 and pacesetter header with 2.5in exhaust. it was loud!

that motors still in the truck now, and runs very well i might add.

heres a few pics...

100_2113.jpg

100_2115.jpg

100_2118.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my cousin had a nice 4x4 luv. it lost the fuel pump and got impounded. so instead of getting it out of impound and fixing the fuel pump he bought a $600 station wagon that got impounded to due to a flat in kirkland. refused to get that out as well. can ya tell hes an idiot?

One of the guys at the museum I volunteer at has a LUV longbed. It isn't in anywhere that nice of condition. There's hardly any original metal left- pretty much bondo from bumper to bumper (even the tailgate is all bondoed up). It's so rusty the clutch quit working because the firewall was flexing so much (cable clutch). It's so rusty the "A" pillar is no longer attached to the rocker panels on the driver's side. I mean, my '76 rustbucket is bad, but not THAT bad.

• 1 year later...