Tommy at 170 mph!

Tommy did another test. This is an older but more powerful Indy Car, 940hp and only weighs 1400lbs! I asked him how it was and he said "it goes pretty good dad" with a little smile on his face! ;)

TommyIndytest310-28-11014new.jpg

TommyIndytest310-28-11018new.jpg

TommyIndytest310-28-11025new.jpg

TommyIndytest310-28-11026new.jpg

TommyIndytest310-28-11024tight.jpg

The focus of a driver is intense.

TommyIndytest310-28-11014littlet.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he race the MX520 anymore? What do the other professional racers/drivers think when he gets out of the ratrod 510, or has he beat there ass, and they know just not to say anything.

It's funny you ask about the MX520, you can see it in the background of the pic below along with Tommy and one of the best Indy Car engineers in the business. The club holding the event was giving "lunch time rides" to the workers and volunteers and there were several race cars lined up to provide this. Tommy went out in the MX520 and he had a line of race drivers that wanted to ride with him to see how it's done. They all climbed out and said it is a "must do" for anyone who wants to see the correct line and how to go fast. Most said "I wish I could drive like that". They all wanted to know how that old Datsun truck went so fast and handles so well! :P He usually pulls up in a 510 or the MX520 when he goes to the track and you're right, people don't say much, they just watch in awe!

TommyIndytest310-28-11037new.jpg

• Like 1

you got one lucky kid bob :lol: Id give my left nut to even be working on a race team for a living.

You know he is a lucky kid, but he is doing a great "job" at life. He is a senior in high school and he is graduating at mid-term with a 3.6 GPA. He has had a lot of racing opportunities, no doubt, but he is the one who has gone out there and done it. He recently did a tire test for one of the race tire manufactures. They wanted the driver to be very consistent, a one second margin of error for the entire day! Tommy did 124 laps throughout the day and his margin of error (best lap to worst lap) was .2 seconds!

He is lucky, but he is also amazing!

If I do say so myself! ;)

a very talented kid indeed.

good thing hes got you as father lol what a shame if that talent was never used.

(seeing as racing isnt something you can just go pick up and do one day for a few bucks lol)

coming out to CO to check out some racing is deff on my list of things to do.

a very talented kid indeed.

good thing hes got you as father lol what a shame if that talent was never used.

(seeing as racing isnt something you can just go pick up and do one day for a few bucks lol)

coming out to CO to check out some racing is deff on my list of things to do.

Let me know when you plan to come and I'll roll out the red carpet for you!

wow thats sick, i thought i was lucky drag racing and racing motorcross at 14, but i was only in jr dragsters and on 80's. your son is so fortunate! i am now seventeen and i cant imagine driving at 170! but i guess 130 will be good for now... tongue.gif now i just lug around my 620 and 280z, but the comment about the miatas being easy cars to drive is a good one, my favorite car i've ever driven is my friends miata, you can just throw them around like they're nothing and they are super forgiving. i can see this kid going far.

• 2 weeks later...

For any kid to be able to start racing CARS at 14 is about talent. Then, three years later, to be doing laps for a tire sponsor, running near 1000 HP Indy cars, and taking other drivers for a ride in the MX520 and have them say, "I WISH I COULD DRIVE LIKE THAT "......... that shit is earned!! You Go Tommy!!