KC disc to HB disc

Big Schlink

After a failed search attempt, would there be any benefit to swapping from 620 discs to D21 discs? If so, aside from matching bore sizes is there any reason to use the 4x4 calipers (1.688" bore) vs the 4x2 calipers (2.253" bore)? According to Rock Auto the 620 has a 2.0" bore. I'm not concerned with the hydraulic portion of this as I have extensive hyrdraulic experience (thank you Uncle Sam), I just want to know if one caliper has better performance than the others.

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schlink...just did some research on this, you can put the kc hubs and bearings on a later model hb spindle, and the spindle will bolt right up to the kc. You can then mount the hb rotors and calipers up for a way better braking system over the stock kc setup which is the most retarded setup every made!

I will also be posting up my 300zx setup that I'm offering for the ball joint trucks. Here's a teaser:

IMG_4720.jpg

well I think the hard-body is not a solid rotor. its vented so that is cool. Not sure about the calipers... I know the pathfinders are two piston while the stock 620 is a single.

Does anyone know if the pathfinder calipers will bolt to the HB spindles?

720 spindles will swap over witha vented disc and a better caliper.

I was under the impression that 620 and 720 used the same caliper as they are the same part number on Rock Auto, or is there a different part number for later 720s?

Schlink...just did some research on this, you can put the kc hubs and bearings on a later model hb spindle, and the spindle will bolt right up to the kc. You can then mount the hb rotors and calipers up for a way better braking system over the stock kc setup which is the most retarded setup every made!

I will also be posting up my 300zx setup that I'm offering for the ball joint trucks. Here's a teaser:

IMG_4720.jpg

Bee, looks nice. do the 300zx calipers bolt to the HB spindles, or are you modding 620 spindles, or making special brackets of some kind?

What year 300zx are the calipers from?

Does anyone know if the pathfinder calipers will bolt to the HB spindles?

I was under the impression that 620 and 720 used the same caliper as they are the same part number on Rock Auto, or is there a different part number for later 720s?

Bee, looks nice. do the 300zx calipers bolt to the HB spindles, or are you modding 620 spindles, or making special brackets of some kind?

What year 300zx are the calipers from?

Pathfinder 4x4 calipers bolt to 2WD HB spindles, use HB hubs and 2wd v-6 rotors.

620 and 720 use the same caliper until about 83, then it changes.

300zx calipers bolt to HB hubs, but there is not a rotor that will work with them without an adapter.