610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

well today i pulled the ac compressor off one of the fittings that went into the compressor broke and since this compressor was to small anyway i pulled it off to be replaced with a larger one i have and to fix the line

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

did some work today there were a few spots where the bed liner had chipped away on the floors and rust started to form so i sanded them down and hit them with some primer and paint pulled the back seat and killed the mildew that had started to form due to the leaking rear window then i peeled the headliner back and siliconed the back window from the inside hopfully that teamed with the silicone already on the outside will stop the leak till i can remove the back window and replace the rotted steel tomorrow interior goes into the car if it doesnt leak

sand it down to metal, buy that 15 dollar por15 starter kit and do that, then hit it with the bedliner.. never do it again :D

Hey buddy when you moving to oregon?

i plan to do that after i get to oregon, and have no need to really drive anywhere so i can rip the interior out and sand blast it. (i know its kinda redundant to put the interior back in now but that makes less things that i have to pack)

going to be up there in june or july. im hoping for june so i can catch canby.

ok got to work on the interior today this is what i have been rolling around with for pushing 2 years now

DSCN0493.jpg

i wasn't going to put the interior together until the body work was done because i didn't want to rip it out , but with the move coming the more parts that are on the car the less parts i have to pack so in they go

fixed the door panel with some silicon

DSCN0494.jpg

almost as good as new

DSCN0495.jpg

look interior

DSCN0496.jpg

DSCN0497.jpg

still missing 2 panels but i need new clips before those go in

You've been busy. Like H2theizzo said, get the POR15, but wear gloves, that stuff stains...

What panels are you needing? Panel clips can be sourced from a newer Corolla.

only panel i need is a good passenger door panel. i have all the rest. my dad is bringing me home some clips from work. today im thinking the carpet is going to go back in it but i want to make sure there are no leaks before i do that.

more work today since there were a few holes in the firewall that needed to be filled (throttle linkage mounting holes) i filled those in. for the bigger ones i took a dr pepper can and my tin snips and made nice little patches and used press tight for the bigger holes

only panel i need is a good passenger door panel. i have all the rest. my dad is bringing me home some clips from work. today im thinking the carpet is going to go back in it but i want to make sure there are no leaks before i do that.

I will keep an eye peeled...I sold mine from the sports coupe a couple years ago.

Reupholster?

I will keep an eye peeled...I sold mine from the sports coupe a couple years ago.

Reupholster?

thats actually somthing im considering i have 3 bad panels (current pass door and 2 white rear panels)if i can get a torn drivers side ill have a complete bad set that i wouldnt feel bad about experimenting with

thats actually somthing im considering i have 3 bad panels (current pass door and 2 white rear panels)if i can get a torn drivers side ill have a complete bad set that i wouldnt feel bad about experimenting with

Soooo, what you're saying is that you want either A: A really nice Passenger side panel in black or B: A crap Driver side panel in IDGAF...?

well dad was cleaning / packing the garage and found a can of the red paint ive been using to paint the car it was almost full but had no cap he didnt want to pack it with no lid for obvious reasons so he told me to use it so i did

0402111420.jpg

0402111420a.jpg

the only part left to paint red now is the wiper cowl

the only part left to paint red now is the wiper cowl

Get yourself one more can of red and handle it!

Looking forward to seeing a two-tone 610 when I come up there later this month :thumbup: