610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bout time pussy, hehe.. i see you took my advice :) well played.. its gonna look awesome, an if 150bux is the most u spent on ur project so far, i think your makin out like a bandit!

no no no no no ive spent more then 150 thats just the most expencive single part ;)

no no no no no ive spent more then 150 thats just the most expencive single part ;)

well thats what im sayin..

my exhaust, 350 by the time it was on the car.. intake was 130, 100 for custom ecu, engine alone was 1200 to my door step.. tranny fluid gets expensive when u gotta take the tranny off all the time too.. clutch kit, new cable, new shifter bushings an stablizer, bout 400 roughly.. im bout to get that header i showed u last night soon too heh.. shit is really expensive man..

well thats what im sayin..

my exhaust, 350 by the time it was on the car.. intake was 130, 100 for custom ecu, engine alone was 1200 to my door step.. tranny fluid gets expensive when u gotta take the tranny off all the time too.. clutch kit, new cable, new shifter bushings an stablizer, bout 400 roughly.. im bout to get that header i showed u last night soon too heh.. shit is really expensive man..

yeah i know shit costs to much but its all good thats why im budgeting the shit out of this build the most expencive thing will eather be exhaust or paint depending on how extravigant i get with the paint

Bonvo, ever decide on a color? I wish I could find a 610 around here, but that ain't happening. Those things are cool as hell lookin.

nope still got no idea on what im doing for paint ...

i have another 610 need slight body work :D

Purple is the coolest!

One of my 74 610's is a deep plumb/burgundy/black cherry, factory color and a lot of people called it purple and it gets lots of looks.

The Mopar purple is perfect since the 610's are like mini Mopars anyway!

Also on the 610 color chart, there was a purple like the Mopar one.

earlier today the ups man showed up with a box and look what i found inside :D

DSC04382.jpg

lookin like a week before i have wheels again the project wont be done but ill at least have somthing to drive

Check fitment before you make any marks denying return. The last header I had fit like crap.

that was the first thing i did last night i lined it up and hung it on the studs it fits perfect

Check fitment before you make any marks denying return. The last header I had fit like crap

Second that. My 72 chevy headers didn't fit. And I couldn't get them out with out using a hammer. JB welded the dents and sprayed it with bbq paint. Money in the bank.:D

aight, well i can only hold on to it till sept 4th... then they have to get cut up, i will have no room for them... unless i find a new home with a bg enough garage..... so how long you think til your beast is done? i started my project in sept 08 i am hoping to have it move under its own power within 2 weeks

i take it you dont weld? I HAD to learn on his project.....all of my friends flaked out on me, so i learned toshave marker lights, build trani tunnels, make brackets... and i am currently making my exhaust......... i suggest doing what another member said, have them build everything but leave the muffler off, then try diff ones out before they weld one on, so you can make sur e you are totally happy b4 you leave the shop

better yet, have em mock up the basic routing you want and throw some clamps on or whatever. Maybe even just a tack. Bring it by and I can weld it up for ya. I could even talk to a few folks and getcha a deal. Shiloh on Davis is close and I know a guy so yea....hit me up when ur ready.

i take it you dont weld? I HAD to learn on his project.....all of my friends flaked out on me, so i learned toshave marker lights, build trani tunnels, make brackets... and i am currently making my exhaust......... i suggest doing what another member said, have them build everything but leave the muffler off, then try diff ones out before they weld one on, so you can make sur e you are totally happy b4 you leave the shop

i know how to weld, its just not good looking. My welds are functional but look like shit, that and i dont own a welder (hence why the suck no chance to practice)

better yet, have em mock up the basic routing you want and throw some clamps on or whatever. Maybe even just a tack. Bring it by and I can weld it up for ya. I could even talk to a few folks and getcha a deal. Shiloh on Davis is close and I know a guy so yea....hit me up when ur ready.

I may just take you up on that offer bro. I went to the exhaust shop thats in the same parking lot as quick stop on davis, and he quoted me about $300 for the complete system with a flowmaster 40 series on the the back. Im gonna call him up see if that quote is still valid and how much it will cost to have him make the bends and just tack it in. You say you have friends any with acces to tubing and a bender :D

Go to Shiloh Automotive, the next driveway towards the Hume Way stop light, and see if Jason is there. Tell him I sent you over to get a quote on the work. If hes less than your other quote go for it. Or ask him if they can do the bends and shit. Though its probly not much difference if you have them weld cuz the bends are the hard work.

Id check to see what kind of pipe they use. Sometimes the cheap bastards will use pipe that rusts faster too. But I dont know enough about that to say either way. Flowmasters tend to rust just as fast as the pipe itself, if not a lil faster.