610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

another big step forward my dad and i pulled the rear subframe assemblly out tonight were taking the one from shelly tomorrow and swapping them across

DSC04246.jpg

DSC04248.jpg

DSC04247.jpg

DSC04244.jpg

Edited by bonvo

been a long day but the rear suspension is done :Dpics of the progress

first i pressure washed the entire underside then covered the areas under the rear suspension in bed liner followed by rubber undercoat

DSC04249.jpg

then my dad and i dropped the rear out of shelly

DSC04250.jpg

ass transplant in progress lol

all in and bolted up

DSC04252.jpg

back on its wheels

DSC04251.jpg

then a random shot of how low the front end is

DSC04253.jpg

Edited by bonvo
did some work on the plate today to removed most of the old stickers but left these 2 :D

0404091446.jpg

I thought I was going to be the only one with both the '73 and the '74 stickers on the front. Now, I'm jealous...

Talk about "droppin' that ass", you took it to a whole other extreme. I'm going to be doing the same, just to get new bushings in all around. And disc brakes...:D

Looks good, now to try to find one rim to make all four match up.

I thought I was going to be the only one with both the '73 and the '74 stickers on the front. Now, I'm jealous...

yeah i took it down to the 74 then took a closer look at the month one and bam there was the 73 sticker :P

Talk about "droppin' that ass", you took it to a whole other extreme. I'm going to be doing the same, just to get new bushings in all around. And disc brakes...:D

i had similar reasons for doing this like i had already replaced the diff the u joints wheel cylinders brakes shocks and wheel studs it was just alot easier to swap the whole subframe then take it all apart individually

Looks good, now to try to find one rim to make all four match up.

im just getting a different set of rims finding one of these discontinued rims is not somthing im in the mood for that and i would rather have a nice set of slot mags :D

Edited by bonvo

not a good day today i started painted my j lines semi flat black in the true sss style when the spray can wouldnt stop spraying i took the nozzle off that didnt help pulled up a little bit on the part the nozzle attatches to it starts to stop then BOOM can explodes in my face black paint everywhere all over the driveway the garbage cans but i got lucky my body stoped it from hitting the car :mellow:

• Like 1
Guest jaimesix

Cool you have a second rear cross member. You can get it sloted and the exhaust pipe hole enlarged with ease,when ready, you can swap it in the car w/o having to disable your ride.

Slowly but steady your 610 is getting closer to being roadworthy.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

I was at pick your part to day and located a 73 610 4 door removed the hood, fenders some small rust at botoms, valance , grill and bumper junk :mad: dash with blue face tach, wireing ,pad small crack, cool grant wheel with hub and the best was a set of 15''x 7 enkei wheels three are tits one has some small rash not to bad :) I had to work fast because the yard was closeing in 45 min and it started to rain I pulled 3 wheels off and stashed them I hope the forth is there in the morning :)

I was at pick your part to day and located a 73 610 4 door removed the hood, fenders some small rust at botoms, valance , grill and bumper junk :mad: dash with blue face tach, wireing ,pad small crack, cool grant wheel with hub and the best was a set of 15''x 7 enkei wheels three are tits one has some small rash not to bad :) I had to work fast because the yard was closeing in 45 min and it started to rain I pulled 3 wheels off and stashed them I hope the forth is there in the morning :)

dude!!! is the drivers side fender straight? if so i am in need of it !!!! the grant hub i need as well and a factory tach would be bad ass snag the parts at least the fender i can fix a little bit of rot i have a few fenders to play with just there all 74's i beg you man snag me at least that fender

Datsun160JSSS,

Did you get the correct harness for your '74?? I was going to call you as I have the harness ready to roll to your place. What color is the interior? I need two sedan specific parts - the vents next to the back window. Send info about the car to my email. Thanks! and great find!

what happen to the loom is on the way:confused:

I can still get it sent, if you need it. I can go in early to work and get out before the P.O. closes.

filled my truck with parts .I am so happy to get those enkei old school mesh wheels. Yes got the fenders Iam told very hard to find 73 610 fenders but they have holes at the bottoms that can be fixed . William I did not get your message email untill I got home the trim was shit one side was missing anyway and crusty . sorry for the outburst :mad: the only thing I needed form your wire is the green plug relay side and the white plug in the boulk head both sides and thats it I was more focused on the big stuff and I had to go so I only got the behind the dash wire :confused: I cant go back but the car was picked clean .motor ,trans pulled to day I would have like to have that L18 TOO

Edited by datsun 160J SSS
Guest jaimesix

Dang!

Great find....Pick your parts in what city???

I would like to get a few parts ( suspension ) and others. I need as second pair of tension rod brackets so I can frankenstein large stronger sway bar brackets.

I do not know if you know 160J, but there was a 710 at Pick your Parts ( Stanton) , I got some parts from it. Mostly parts for friends in need, not many stuff for me. It was a sedan 2 door , so most of the stuff I was looking after for my ride was slightly different, like the fresh air ducts.:(

The fenders were toasted...I did not need them, but I would had gotten them in case they were good, not this time though.

Let's keep the 610/710 alert on!!!!!

Jaime.___________________________________________________-

The yard is not a brand name pick your part .its called pick in pull in ventera santa pula . way out of the way in the orange trees not the big city .the parts at this yard are a little more money then pick yout part but cars are complete .I got my eye on some SER seats I will try to go back soon .so you little devils dont take my seats

Let me check to see if I have the strut rod base I picked up some parts last summer from a guy up in paso robles and some doors for William I will let you know I got a box of small parts and did not check everything in side