Best Rust Sealer/Remover

I found out today my car has rust on the floor pan. Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure no one bothered to check there because the original carpet and glue was still on there. From the looks of it, it doesn't look like it doesn't need a weld job so I just need to use the best rust remover and sealer.

So what product do you guys recommend for removing the glue and which rust remover and sealer to use. I've seen a lot of guys here use the black stuff so I'd like to know the name of that product as well. Thanks for all the insight!

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive read por15's site but I'm not seeing the answer I'm looking for. does it kill/convert the rust or just seal over it? If it doesnt convert it, you'd have to do that before you put the por15 over it or the rust would still spread....right?

If I remember right the por 15 seals it in and blocks all the oxygen to the rust so it cant spread. the trick to por 15 is in the prep if you do not clean the area very well you will get air pockets or the por 15 will flake off. It also is supposed to be painted over. uv rays break it down. I cleaned my old 4 door very well it worked good but it still ended up bubbling in a few spots. So I added another coat after i sanded and cleaned those areas. it held up great for the next 3 year's till the car was totaled.