does anybody know?

youngen

ok ive been lurking on ratsun for sometime now finally made a acc acouple months ago, anyways im 17 an i drive a long bed 2002 chevy silverado turbo diesel which gets shitttttyyy mpg an is drainin my money,,, my dad has finally said i can get a mini truck an the first thing out of my mouth were i want to get a datsun pl521,, he said i can only get one if its running good and wont have to many problems,,,, if he starts liking them he said nxt yr i can get a project truck but anyways how much do you guys think a clean/cherry pl521 will cost???

tHANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR INPUT AN KNOWLEDGE

-jake

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ive been lurking on ratsun for sometime now finally made a acc acouple months ago, anyways im 17 an i drive a long bed 2002 chevy silverado turbo diesel which gets shitttttyyy mpg an is drainin my money,,, my dad has finally said i can get a mini truck an the first thing out of my mouth were i want to get a datsun pl521,, he said i can only get one if its running good and wont have to many problems,,,, if he starts liking them he said nxt yr i can get a project truck but anyways how much do you guys think a clean/cherry pl521 will cost???

tHANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR INPUT AN KNOWLEDGE

-jake

id say watch craigslist. you never really knoiw what someone wants for their rig. ive seen cherry 521's go for $1500, while some people want $3500 for their shitpile.

good luck and happy hunting!!!

Like asking how long is a piece of rope? Lots of variables. Your location is good in the PNW and Oregon. Lots of Datsuns there. If you were in the salty winter East coast they would be as rare as rocking horse shit. So at least there is a chance of one.

You could get a project runner for $1,000... body ok but in need of some work and definitely some paint, running condition, rather used looking with small missing items inside and out.

$2000 + body in good shape and looks good even if it has original paint, runs strong no apparent problems, may have a replacement L20B in it, maybe a 5 speed, good tires and rims.

$3000 + Show quality, engine transplant (twin cam maybe) 5 speed, nice tires and rims, really good interior.

This is extremely hard to give a good answer to. There will always be someone desperate to sell and you could luck out and make a good deal. For every one of those there are a hundred who think their $700 truck is worth 3 times that so know what you want and what it's worth. Generally if you have little experience with a vehicle it's best to spend a bit more for one that is mostly complete. It can take years and lots of money to complete and build up a truck. It's hard to hold your interest when young, better to be enjoying it.

Start saving now. If you can, follow as many 521 truck ads and sales as you can. Get a feel for what is available and what comes up for sale and what they sell for. When the right one comes along you'll know it.

Yes. Start with research and then more research and then more. Learn all you can about what you want. Buy from a position of knowledge, know more about it than the seller. This way you will instantly know what you are getting, where to look for problem areas, what questions to ask, when a great deal comes along and best of all when to walk away. I have made some fabulous deals because the seller didn't know what it was he was selling. Better to wait a year and get what you want than to settle for less now .

That is a very clean 1300

but mike I need one soon haha my truck is like having 12 boys an u have to go buy groceries three times a week, it's killing my pocket

but I have been researching alot at first I thought I wanted a 510 but sumthin in me wants to own a pl521

this is an example of what datzenmike is talking about. this truck might be mechanically sound but the bad paint hurts the value. In my opinion this is not worth the 4800. maybe $3000, tops.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/2519884614.html

also check SFbayarea craigslist. i see 521's on there often.

A little surface rust under the hood sets the tone for the rest of the truck that's not shown. Anyone can paint the valve cover and air filter.

3md3o93ld5Y05W35R4b7t3aae7bcc26ae1f6c.jpg

For almost 5K it would have to have great paint, new king pins and steering, KA swap and maybe a front disc brake conversion. From what little you can see from crappy c/l photos it's a nice looking $1,900-$2,300 truck.

• 1 month later...