ROTARY510's Orange Dime Restoration Project - Mission almost complete!

So here is an update on the orange "carrot" dime. It has a fn project and I think the mission is 90% complte. The chrome pieces were carefully detailed and placed, car runs and drives beautifully and after a new carpet kit from Mario, and re-upholstered leather seats with new cushions, this dim is ready to hit the road. Its sad to know that I won;t be driving it much as I already have an out of sate buyer. But that's what some with building nice cars, unless it's your "baby", sometimes they have to go. Enjoy the pics and I appreciate your comments mainly to know if I acomplished my goal?! ENJOY! :thumbup:

AND...This Was the goal (found this beautiful restored car on google), just brighter orange...OEM Style, Stock, Stock, Stock... :cool:

ORANGE510.jpg

This is my final Product Today: Mission Acomplished!!!? :thumbup:

DSC03153.jpg

DSC03154.jpg

Outside close-to final OIC's

DSC03137.jpg

DSC03155.jpg

DSC03156.jpg

DSC03157.jpg

DSC03158.jpg

What my driveway looks like: :pirate:

DSC03160.jpg

Carpet, dashboard, seats and interior is the final and final piece this weekend!

DSC03140.jpg

DSC03149.jpg

ORIGINAL THREAD (few months ago):

So here is my other project update ratsuners... I thought I could this dime could make it to Canby but it will sit in the shop for a few days after the paint job today. So I guess the red rotary and the 810 Diesel will enjoy the "Canby Experience" this year.

Here are some snaps of some of the work I did to it. It is an original 7K mile car, the odometer reads 7,645 and it has never been taken off and the history of it says it was sitting around for about 25 years in the old man's barn who I got it from and then left abandoned on the farm field for a year before I found it...

THE GOAL: Bring it back to life by yours truly. Only rust I found was under the trunk floor. I cut it out and replaced with 1/4" thick aluminum "TRAFFIC LIGHT AHEAD" sign that I found hidden in the attic in the new house I bought this year. I figured that it would make the car keep a road mind at all times and keep the car unique. I also sealed the floors and now paint with all chrome nice and tidy. New gas tank and brown leather re-upholstered seats coming next with a set of OEM 510 hubs that i got from my friends in Canada. We'll see what's next for this "carrot" dime, the orange screams for attention. :D

DSC02645.jpg

DSC02655-1.jpg

DSC02654.jpg

DSC02647.jpg

DSC02648.jpg

DSC02651.jpg

DSC02650.jpg

DSC02649-1.jpg

DSC02661.jpg

DSC02662.jpg

DSC02656.jpg

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awsome color.

I become fond of the 4doors as it breaks up the flat panel in back.

Where you get the Bluestreak dizzy cap. I cant find anymore.

PS I like that radio, is it a Blaupunkt?????? Let me know if you want to get rid of it, My Hitachi just broke in my 521(am radio) would like a am/fm stock radio.

I'll sell you the cap, I have a brown one, you r a buddy :P

wow man thats nice one badass 2 door and one stock 2 door mad props bro!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Thanks, after a few months of 4-6 hours at night working on it after a 10 hour shift... yah...I am tired :hairy:

I have spare used BlueStreak caps. Just wanted some new ones. Rockauto dont list them anymore. I get about 5-7years out of them anyways.

what about the radio? we still buddies?

Sorry the radio goes with the car...we still buddies though :P