damnitDave's 1967 RL411 SSS

Most parts are still available through Nissan. They will usually order them for you if you bring the numbers. Hit this link:

SU Adjusting - Keith's Latest Writeup

There's a table near the bottom of the page listing the parts and Nissan part numbers.

More SU info in the links on this page: 311s.org TechWiki: Engine

• Like 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a bonus, if you have the glove box driver's manual it has both a complete wiring diagram for the manual transmission car and a step by step proceedure for adjusting the Hitachi SU Carbs. Amazing the information Datsun used to include in those glove box gems.

On the not so rare chance that you might need shocks, Sears sells a set of front and rear gas charged shocks with lifetime warranty that match the ride very well. I can look up the part numbers when and if you need to replace them. From the looks of them, they seem to be Monroes with the Sears paint job.

Roeberk, I believe, makes an outside door mount mirror that very nearly duplicates the Datsun original, mounts to the original door mount, or in your case will replace the rusted out original exactly. I have seen it for sale in Kragen / O'Reiley as of last month.

On the not so rare chance that you might need shocks, Sears sells a set of front and rear gas charged shocks with lifetime warranty that match the ride very well. I can look up the part numbers when and if you need to replace them. From the looks of them, they seem to be Monroes with the Sears paint job.

Look 'em up, Mike. I need to replace mine. Was going to go w/ KYB GR2's or Gas-A-Just's, but maybe Sears would be easier.

They stiff enough for some minor, spirited driving?

Roberk, I believe, makes an outside door mount mirror that very nearly duplicates the Datsun original, mounts to the original door mount, or in your case will replace the rusted out original exactly. I have seen it for sale in Kragen / O'Reiley as of last month.

Oh, really? Any chance you remember the Roberk model number, or guess I can just compare w/ parts man pic.

• Like 1

the manual that it didnt come with was the O.G. glovebox one...=[

the more i look the more that needs replacing,lol,so yeah shocks are in order

the mirror is in the car.the guy who sold it to me knocked it off when he was showing me the car.ah well.

today im pulling the manifold and intake.

oooooohh i love this car.thanks so much for the feedback!

Look 'em up, Mike. I need to replace mine. Was going to go w/ KYB GR2's or Gas-A-Just's, but maybe Sears would be easier.

They stiff enough for some minor, spirited driving?

The units are "Roadhandler Performance Gas" units and they are just great for "Minor, spirited driving" as you put it. The part numbers are:

0289750, possibly the front ones, I can't remember, and 02897601, possibly the rear shocks, with the notation "replaced by 98201" which would make it 02898201. It is my understanding that the rear shocks were originally designed for the first generation 1963 and 1964 Corvette so the sprung weight over the solid rear axle should be just right performance wise. My RL411 loves them!

As to the outside door mirror, just look for the round mirror with the swept back arm. Looks like a clone of what you have. If you can't find one with this simplified direction, let me know. I never throw any car parts ID away and have the original Datsun mirror stowed in the Roberk box "somewhere" in my garage. Somewhere because my wife is a neat freak and has the urgent need to put things into bigger boxes and forget where she stows the box.

• Like 1

ok,the carbs are off and soaking in gas.

the manifold has a huuuuuge hole in the side of it,so thats out for sure.are headers an option?any possible downfalls(aside from the noise)?ill take it to headers ,cherry bomb and a straight pipe if i can.i must say its a bit wierd to have my exhaust come out of the wheel well,lol.id like to figure out a way to circumvent that.

the rear hatch is about to fall off,sadly.the roof rust is so bad,the left latch is broken and seized.

im not sure which direction to go with it.im considering options.a roof transplant seems costly and expensive.i might just go the route of bondo the fuck out of that bitch and weld the hatch shut,call it good for now.gross but it rains here,a lot. so

i must say its a bit wierd to have my exhaust come out of the wheel well,lol.id like to figure out a way to circumvent that.

Unfortunately the route through the fender well was the only routing the design team could come up with. The steering column and its copy of the Saginaw Screw Jack recirculating ball steering box, Pitman arms, and starter motor are against any straight routing. Even then, the down pipe to the premuffler / resonator had to be flattened in to a "D" cross section against the fender liner in the wheel well in order to prevent left front tire rub on left turns.

The hole in the manifold might possible be welded up if, and only if, you can find a welder who really knows how to weld cast iron.

I can't find where to delete this thread.the car is for sale or parts.I will start a thread in for sale/parts as well.thanks.

You can ask the mods to delete the thread, but there's really no need.

Sorry you feel the need to sell, but I understand this is quite a project. Not impossible; appears to need more time than money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...