Phlebmaster's 620 evolution

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Craziness! I want to see a video of this running too. Do another 100 MPH video and compare them side by side :D

Pretty cool deal...

BTW- you might want to do a little reading about the exhaust inserts in that W58 head. I was checking out a few Z car sites (after searching here, of course :) ) when I had my head off to see if pulling the inserts out was worth the trouble, and from what I gathered, they have virtually no effect on performance.

Edited by Buzzbomb

I had my speedo almost back to 0 MPH and I got scared so I slowed back down.

That is why my throttle cable got shredded. I got a little gas happy. :D :D

Thanks for the info on the liners, I have heard that too. ;) I will just go with a larger exhaust out the back.

I love Home Depot!!

I fixed my throttle for 4.00... check it out. :D I will be using the larger wire...the smaller wire is the stock size.

mhyauh.jpg

These are electrical wire locker thingys. But they will do the trick and give me even more adjustability and they will fit into the throttle cam just right.

2m4xaw3.jpg

27yvdht.jpg

I will also use a plastic liner on the cam end so the new wire cannot be shredded again. ;)

Here is the new video...keep in mind I still have a broken vac advance so the response will improve with the new one.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

You should make another set!! Seriously. :D

that is kick a**

runs good and sounds good :thumbsup: :drool:

Thanks!! You should hear her on the freeway when I open her all the way up and allow her to breath. :eek: I just need a bigger exhaust and a good muffler.

MAn! That's great :cool:

Got an Ipod? Download that accelerometer based app and see what kind of 0-60 and 1/4 mile time you'd pull..Sounds pretty strong from 4000 up! How much CFM total are both those carbs? Like 500 or so?

I will have to try that I Pod idea. :D

As far as fuel...it may be pretty close to that, but I am not too sure.

right on glad it worked out sounds sweet looks sweet it must taste sweet:fu::lol::lol::lol::love::w00t:

Thanks!! I have tasted dual carbs...and yes! It is good. :thumbsup::w00t::drool:

Just read through the whole thread, this is amazing!

The truck looks beautiful, especially for being a rattle can paint job!

It sounds mean with the dual carbs on there... sweet.

I think I might try that hood scoop thing when I get a replacement hood. Do you mind if I steal your idea? :D

Just read through the whole thread, this is amazing!

The truck looks beautiful, especially for being a rattle can paint job!

It sounds mean with the dual carbs on there... sweet.

I think I might try that hood scoop thing when I get a replacement hood. Do you mind if I steal your idea? :D

Thanks!! And help yourself to any ideas you find here. :)

lol @ your speedo :D

but really, thats badass man. I need to get a second job so i can afford to get more datsun stuff

Got to love a broken speedo. :D :D

The RPMs say it all, my power band is around 4000 and goes to 5500ish. That video doesn't quite do the engine sounds justice. :)