bagging a 620

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i recomend slam specialties in my experience you can't go wrong with slams and with a fbi membership they are only like $60-$70 a bag and the can handle anything you can throw at them there are guys running like 250-300 psi to there slams and have been for quite a while.. just my recomendation

about how much did all that cost you?? without the powdercoating...

Time, time, some more time, a grinder, a welder and plasma table, some more time, a lot of head scratching...a bit more time...oh and during all that time your running a grinder and that welder after using the plasma table a bunch. After that you'll need some more time for cleaning and when your done. Send it to the powder coater and clear your schedule for assembly....

Or a Datsun load of cash...

Take your pick. :fu:

BTW... He started this truck at least a couple years ago and still isn't finished. Did I mention you'll need alot of time??

just buy or make a notch, link bars (2link, 4link, wishbone i would go triangulated 4 link with bag on bars but thats just me) front bag brackets (pretty standard just get the ones for a torsion bar truck not the torsion bar bags) buy four bags two 2600 for the back and two 2500 for the front unles you want to clearance the frame up front. fittings (id go 1/2 inch), airline, at least a 5gallon tank (7 or bigger is better if you like to play with switches alot my toyota had a 5 gallon i had to wait alot), if you do bag on bars out back it is a good idea to run shocks to strap the rear end it just makes a smoother ride, a switch box (or you can make one), and a compressor i recomend VIAR.

bust out a torch and a welder and have at it.. Beebani has a really good write up, and i should be starting mine here real soon the only difference is, i am going to be running a engine driven compressor and super pivot joints..

hope that helps just my .02

• 3 weeks later...

so i can bag it and delete the t/bars? is it a different kind of setup then what say beebanni is running? what is the advantage (if there is one) to deleting the t/bars? i just dont like them, no reason, i just dont.....would like get rid of the things in the front more though.....those.....bar things....damnit...what are they called.........damn t/bar looking things that go from front bumper to control arm i think....

2eDeYe;49197']No :D

RBShaggs said 'How-to" :lol:

just opinions not how-to and besides i have no room to talk mine was supposed to be bagged before dropzone last year.. then i went and got married and now i have no money the wifey has it all :( ... instead i have been trying t strip the 2 parts trucks i had so i can make my DD nice enough to sell and my KC back on the road so i can finish my 510.. Then i will do my bags until then i just help my fellow club members with their trucks..

BEE to funny :lol:

RB....we all know how projects can go (me especially) :D

dwns........Those are your strut rods. They triangulate you lower control arm. To get rid of those, you'd have to have you lower control arm converted to an a-arm style arm. Your torsion bar is a round spring, it runs from your control arm to a crossmember. It works by being twisted at the control arm and being captured at the crossmember. Very simple technology.

2eDeYe;49797']BEE to funny :lol:

RB....we all know how projects can go (me especially) :D

dwns........Those are your strut rods. They triangulate you lower control arm. To get rid of those' date=' you'd have to have you lower control arm converted to an a-arm style arm. Your torsion bar is a round spring, it runs from your control arm to a crossmember. It works by being twisted at the control arm and being captured at the crossmember. Very simple technology.[/quote']

see thats the thing, i just don't understand it so i want to destroy it.....(that sounds evil) i know and understand a arms and coilovers and what-not, plus i don't like the look of bolts coming out the front. if i can eliminate them cheap enough i would like to.....i will think about it over my week coming up, lol i kinda understand how t/bars work, but it just seems like a lot of extra crap....