bagging a 620

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe;49806'']extra crap as opposed to....bags, lines, valves, tanks, solenoids, pumps etc.?

understood, but i can somewhat hide those things.....i can run lines where they are not as easily seen, i can clean up the undercarriage and make it look a little more simple. actually your very right about all the things i will have to add. not to sure why i tried to defend it......anyway, i guess if it's something that is added and not stock it seems to make more sense to add it just to do something. ok, say i totally lay it out.....would i still run the bars from the front? does everyone else keep theirs? it sounds like a lot of hassle for not much reward.....i think i'll save this for later......to the list!!!

I get most of my parts at suicidedoors.com, and I make all my notches, bag brackets, 4-link bars and four link tabs, heres a pic of a 3-link and 4-link system, 4-link with bags on the 4link bars works great, and firestone and slam specialties have good air bags, and I also recommend viar and az compressors, and parker has some good valves, you just need to set up the bag and link system right, you want the right pinion angle at ride height and you dont want to much wheel hop or axle sway or the drive shaft pulling out of your tranny, i think theres a tech on four link on minitruckin web site

DSCN1115.jpg[/img]

DSCN1151.jpg[/img]

DSCN1110.jpg[/img]

DSCN1063.jpg[/img]

this stuff is far over my head...i understand pivot points and whatnot (i love physics and mechanics) but dont TOTALLY know what i want...where are some good places to read up on this while im on my 1 week hiatus from ratsun?

i like the style of the setup in the first pic the best though.....

ya the set up in the first pic works the best, its the only set up I like to do, check, streetsourcemag.com, minitruckin.com, and just look at some designs and pics of what you like and think you could easily do, dont try and make it to complicated and over designed, but check streetsourcemag.com, they have some good tech forumns about suspension designs and the right and wrong way to do it

dwnshftr

The forums over on pirate4x4.com are a wealth of suspension knowledge. It's applied to 4x4's but the principles are the same.

I did a little searching for you...

Topic of the Week - 4-link Suspensions

Links for Dummies

Roll Center Explained

Those are just a couple major threads I know of, that I could find quick. There used to be a huuuuggge thread but I can't seem to find that one.

Please do not post there...they will come to your house and burn it down ;)

You can also take a visit to the local library (I know...old tech) and check out a few books :)

RB Shaggs bagged320 posted up about his 320. Search his username ;)