izzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

still not done..... 

It's getting there man!

come on butt munch ..... craiglist aint gonna wait al day for u to list her for sale ... finsih it up

lol....  I already sold it for a dollar....

Last night I got the bitch set on the motor mounts. What a task that was.  I couldn't get the bolts to line up dropping it on the isolators.  So on the driver side I unbolted the bracket from the block, put it on the isolator then put the bolts back in the block. For the passenger side, it was a different route. I had to take the isolator off the crossmember, then use a BFH to slide it back into place.  Got the flex plate bolted back to the torque converter.  Wasn't able to fit my torque wrench in that tight little area.  So they are at 30lbs or a little more torque.

Intake/exhaust mani bolted back on. hood's back on.

Left to do....

Fuel line to carb

Throttle linkage

Auto trans hoses to cooler on radiator

Radiator

heater & radiator hoses

install starter

Starter / alt wires

Dizzy wires

Oil

50 / 50 mix

Double check all wires, hoses, bolts.

Left to do....

Fuel line to carb

Throttle linkage

Auto trans hoses to cooler on radiator

Radiator

heater & radiator hoses

install starter

Starter / alt wires

Dizzy wires

Oil

50 / 50 mix

Double check all wires, hoses, bolts.

Pat yourself on the back (or wherever)

DRIVE IT TO CANBY!!!! :D

• Like 1

^^^ Right!  Put a lot of work into this thing. haven't even owned it a month this go around haha.

Left to do

hook wires from dizzy to coil

Fuel line

Fuse

Trans cooler lines

Oil / antifreeze

put front tires back on

Should have all this done as of tomorrow night! hitting up parts store on way home from work

IMAG0054_zps8d31d94b.jpg

• Like 1

^^ Haha. Every single time I look at it, I'm reminded I have to give it back.  Don't worry. Itll get swapped :D  I have a Datsun 1600 Valve cover I want to put on, but I can't bring myself to remove the VC now as it doesn't leak....

Test fired, she runs.  Need to replace the intake / exhaust gasket. leaking water

linkage is bound up a little somewhere,  pretty irritated and just walked away for the night.  fuckin eh, constant battle with this thing... one thing after another fighting me.

It's tight.  I don't want to fuck around with it or have water get into the pistons...  Off the shit comes, again.  I'm not worried about that, I'm more worried about the linkage.  Before it was super easy to drop up / down.  now its not.  Its not difficult nor easy.  It shouldn't be like that. Nothing was touched on the trans when I did the motor swap.  I do see one spot in question, but dammed if i know how to take it apart, and it's not in the manual.  Who knows, it might be fine and nothing will happen. But, as goes my luck... I can spend days and days wrenching just to have some bs like this come up and bite me in the ass.  I don't have any more money to throw at it... And I'm getting pretty frustrated.  Living in BFE doesn't help, so nobody with more experience can easily come by and give me a hand.

Yeah I swapped them over man. It's sitting in there right. Swapped pans too. Only thing I can think of is something got jacked when I had to raise the transmission a little to line stuff up. Idk how that mounts in there or work. Looks like it nay just sit there and is a rotating point. Almost like a toilet paper holder lulz.