IMG_1000000165.jpg[/img]Datsunpix1.jpg[/img]DatsunPix2.jpg[/img]DatsunPix4.jpg[/img]

HEY RATSUN COMMUNITY...FAMILY GETTING BIGGER BUT WANTS TO KEEP A DATSUN IN THE FAMILY

HAVE A 1970 DATSUN PICK UP 521..WANTS TO TRADE FOR A 510 4 DOORS..CAN SELL FOR AROUND $3,600

BUT WANT TO TRADE MORE THAN SELL..CAN PUT MONEY ON TOP IF IT IS GOOD..

LOS ANGELES / CALIFORNIA

THNX..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this truck is as nice as it looks I'd give $3600 all day long. I'm in WA and can't find anything like this within 500 miles. When you headed to Washington state? Hell even Oregon and I'll take it off your hands.

You sir, are not looking hard enough.

Oregon/Washington are like the mecca for Datsuns.

Ask anyone that doesn't live here.

And Mitsun-That is a gorgeous truck.

What paint code is that?

If that is original, I've never seen that color.

you right it is not original..I got to find the color code..but it is just a little lighter than the mini cooper(Austin) times...

Yep..no doubt about it..I often see..awesome stuff up there...will have to make time to stop by...

.actually prefer to trade, since the truck would go to some who will take care of it...and also need a 4 doors..just need something bigger now..

I am considering to even up money on top with the 4 doors /510 is clean....

If this truck is as nice as it looks I'd give $3600 all day long. I'm in WA and can't find anything like this within 500 miles. When you headed to Washington state? Hell even Oregon and I'll take it off your hands.

Indeed that truck is ingreat shape for a 521 but I think you missed the boat...I just sold mine for 1500 and it too was pretty solid for a 521 but it had the original paint.....sold to a guy in kenmore

• Like 1

Indeed that truck is ingreat shape for a 521 but I think you missed the boat...I just sold mine for 1500 and it too was pretty solid for a 521 but it had the original paint.....sold to a guy in kenmore

No boats missed here. Indeed there are lots of trucks in WA/OR, and 98% are $1500 trucks for a reason. For $1500 you get a truck that is "pretty solid for a 521" and needs paint. An extra $2000 for nice paint and needs next to nothing? Again "All Day Long".

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Still hv the truck..but decided to go in a different way...as vettespeed said...it is clean..not "pretty solid"..as you can see in the pictures..no rust, power coated the bottom, engine bay and fresh paint, clean interior..

I see a lot of trucks back here in LA too..."pretty good" but they are rusted body..burned paint...for $1800....when it is very cheap like $900 is not even registered...and you know the list is long...could not find a good 4 doors to trade so..as I said..more than the money..need a "Datsun Family" car..so instead of trade or sell decided to give a little updgrade...disk brakes all around almost done and 5 speed tranny being cleaned up to install...will see how it drives and will most likely keep the truck and buy a 4 doors...thnx

Hate to say this but discs and 5 speed won't get you more for it if selling. It's very rare to find a ...

1/Datsun nut. ( they actually know and appreciate the work and expense that went into the build) and who also...

2/Can afford to buy it.

The more you put into it the more you should keep it. It's near impossible to get your money out of them. No one wants to pay what they are really worth.

• Like 1

Now that you're about done with 2 of the 3 changes I could conceive re: your truck - you should definitely hold firm to your asking price, but still sell it to me. Let me get you that much closer to the family 510.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.