I scored some slotted mags!!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad that You posted the photos of those roadsters. Look closely and You will see that on the top photo, the "fins" go all the way to the outside of the rim. Those, I believe, are Westerns. The next set has a posished "edge" between the "fins" and the outside of the rim. Those should be ET mags. Both, however have a smooth polished area where the lugnuts go. Permacast rims had the fins all the way to the center cap. Permacast had no smooth area where the lugnuts went, they were just cut into the fins. Those are 3 different companys that I can mention right now. I have more information on other manifactures that made them but in Southern California, those 3 companys wher the most popular. Hope that helps.

Here is what a Permacast looks like. Notice where the lugnut locations are compared to the rims above.

Permacast.jpg

This was photocopied from a Product Review in the 70's.

I saw a panel van, Aussie version of the sedan delivery, the other day with a set of something similar on. Iirc they were Ansen wheels. From what I gather back in the day, if you ran them on you Panno, you were THE MAN! Only the very best, read most expensive, vans ran Ansens, Cragars and Centerlines. Most guys ran slotted mags, Dragways or Hotwires. Sadly all were 4 or 5 stud so I can't run them on my truck. But have seen heaps on 510s and 1200 utes:D.