Another Rusty Turd

qwik510

My friend Lee recently bought a nice 510 4 door. I had been working on him for a long time to join the Datsun Brotherhood and when he decided to join us, I tracked down a nice clean car for him.

Picture161.jpg

He has had it for about a month and is really enjoying it.

He took it to a local Hot Rod car show recently and met a guy there that saw the 510 and said, Wow, we have one of these in back of my Mom's house. It has been sitting back there forever.

So yesterday, Lee and I took a ride out there to go and see it.

We were told that a tree had fallen and hit the car but were not given any other info besides that it was a 4 door. So here is what we found.

71.jpg

63.jpg

Didn't look too bad as we walked up to it but as we got closer, it got worse.

42.jpg

31.jpg

11.jpg

25.jpg

We were afraid to dig into it too much as there were signs of snakes around.

For those of you that know me, you know I try to buy and save every 510 I find. This is the first 510 parts car that I have passed on in a very long time. I would not have taken it for free. The towing bill would have been more then I wanted to spend on it. Not to mention that the owner thought it was worth its weight in gold. We didn't get into prices but from stuff he said, I doubt he would have let it go for less then $500. He said "where else are people going to get parts like this?" He had a early 70's Dodge Challenger that he wouldn't sell to many people that came and made offers on it. Now it is a rusty POS and he probably thinks it is going up in value every day.

Oh well, if anyone on the east coast is interested in this rusty 510, let me know and I will put you in touch with them. Otherwise, this one will wither away to rust and dust.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic