ratsun trophies

a100addict

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who do you think makes the trophies skib. who do you think came up with the idea. who says i cant make a first and second place trophy? do you have a club choice and ratsun trophy yet?

well first, un bunch your fucking panties.

second, as far as I know yes there are already trophies made for both.

(and yes I know you and klotz have made them)

and third, you read my post like a woman would, interpreting.... not actually reading.

I only asked what they where for.

Also what is the original award. Since i have made them since the beginning..

the first one dubbed only "the ratsun award" that Dave, Jeff, and Jessi/Kelly have one.

(the privous years winner has been the only judge and goes out to a person (and no so much a car)

and then theres the Ratsun club choice award that I took home last year

(every one from ratsun votes and its goes out for a car)

yes they obviously say Ratsun 2011 on them but what are they for?

actually the first year was decided by me ryan bothwell and mike klotz. we picked dave for his total ratsun attitude. the next year it was me dave and mike. it was close between heino and dislexic dime. with jeff coming out on top. last year i had to work so i don't know how judging worked. we made the ratsun trophy and a guy from cali sent the wrenches.

Guest DatsuNoob

I would LOVE to make some more Ratsun trophies, or collaborate with other folks and get something going for next yr. Made one a while back that I must say turned out pretty well. Datsunfish ended up with it. Been working on some metal art projects too lately. I'd love to talk with whomever is in charge of the trophy side of things and see if I could submit something for next year.

Now this is a "Ratsun" trophy. Made by Noob & Joe. Won by Benny (Datsunfish) & his 71 4 door Dime. Fucking coolest thing ive ever seen :thumbup: Awarded @ an ACTUAL Ratsun Meet.

BremBBQ024.jpg

BremBBQ030.jpg

BremBBQ031.jpg

BremBBQ034.jpg

BremBBQ035.jpg

THIS IS THE RATSUN THAT SHOULD OF WON! :fu:

CopyofBremBBQ009.jpg

skib....you make it sound like the "original" award is being given out again....as in the same trophy...but there's been a different trophy every year....so was there a "new" trophy already made for the "original" award? There had been talk, but neither Dave or I had seen anything surface yet....so Dave pushed aside what he was doing and did some up. Dave has done every trophy so far....last year, I did the welding and donated the parts, but Dave was right there with me. Maybe next years trophy maker should be picked this year, just like the awards are picked....decide who "gets" to make next years since there's a handful of guys that say they want to, but with the indecision over who's doing it, it didn't seem to happen. So.....since you made it sound like there was no point to Dave making his, implying that there's a trophy already done.....who did the trophy and where's the pics of it? If one of the previous trophies is being recycled, then which one? I posted the question a month or more ago about the trophy needing to be done and a couple of guys said they wanted to do it, I even offered to help them weld it here if they wanted......nothing ever came of it, so Dave and I figured the ball had been dropped and there was no new trophy created.

...oh....and what "ratsun event" When was it? Canby is not a "ratsun" event, nor is Blue Lake. POTD is the closest I know of to a "ratsun" event, but I don't recognize the location. Maybe it's time for an annual ratsun event to be scheduled? Preferably a dry time of the year and on a saturday :)

...back to the trophy building.....maybe put a coffee can out at Canby to take name submissions from those who "want" to build the next years trophy.....then do a drawing during the awards. OR...create a true "ratsun" event and do the award there and quit doing them at Canby?

Skib....Dave and I don't have the time or inclination to be as connected to the forum as you. Even doing google searches we didn't find anything about a trophy having already been built, but it sounds like you know about it. Maybe you could take point on next years trophy so there's no confusion next year. If you decide to go with the "name submission" idea....and I'm sure pm's to you would be more effective than a coffee can :).....I will offer to help with the "fabrication" of it so that if there's someone (fairly local) that has a great idea and wants to make it, but doesn't have the tools....they can still put their name in for selection. You can decide if the builder is chosen randomly from a list or from ideas they've submitted. Anyway.....

DatDoug......I agree...that is a seriously cool trophy!!! Dave and I had talked about doing something like that starting the second year, but decided that if it got too big, guys probably wouldn't want to haul it home with all the camping gear/parts.....so we intentionally kept it smaller. As cool as that one is, where the heck would you put it? I don't have space for something like that! I like the timing covers for the fact that they can easily be hung on a wall. Anyway...I've certainly spent way too much time on this post!! :)

• Like 1

i like typed conversations... there is a lot told by the tone of your voice, and hand gestures... without any of those things, what people say sometimes can sound wrong to a person, or just slightly confusing ....

i demand explanation tongue.gif (emoticon implies i was joking)

Guest DatsuNoob

skib....you make it sound like the "original" award is being given out again....as in the same trophy...but there's been a different trophy every year....so was there a "new" trophy already made for the "original" award? There had been talk, but neither Dave or I had seen anything surface yet....so Dave pushed aside what he was doing and did some up. Dave has done every trophy so far....last year, I did the welding and donated the parts, but Dave was right there with me. Maybe next years trophy maker should be picked this year, just like the awards are picked....decide who "gets" to make next years since there's a handful of guys that say they want to, but with the indecision over who's doing it, it didn't seem to happen. So.....since you made it sound like there was no point to Dave making his, implying that there's a trophy already done.....who did the trophy and where's the pics of it? If one of the previous trophies is being recycled, then which one? I posted the question a month or more ago about the trophy needing to be done and a couple of guys said they wanted to do it, I even offered to help them weld it here if they wanted......nothing ever came of it, so Dave and I figured the ball had been dropped and there was no new trophy created.

...oh....and what "ratsun event" When was it? Canby is not a "ratsun" event, nor is Blue Lake. POTD is the closest I know of to a "ratsun" event, but I don't recognize the location. Maybe it's time for an annual ratsun event to be scheduled? Preferably a dry time of the year and on a saturday :)

...back to the trophy building.....maybe put a coffee can out at Canby to take name submissions from those who "want" to build the next years trophy.....then do a drawing during the awards. OR...create a true "ratsun" event and do the award there and quit doing them at Canby?

Skib....Dave and I don't have the time or inclination to be as connected to the forum as you. Even doing google searches we didn't find anything about a trophy having already been built, but it sounds like you know about it. Maybe you could take point on next years trophy so there's no confusion next year. If you decide to go with the "name submission" idea....and I'm sure pm's to you would be more effective than a coffee can :).....I will offer to help with the "fabrication" of it so that if there's someone (fairly local) that has a great idea and wants to make it, but doesn't have the tools....they can still put their name in for selection. You can decide if the builder is chosen randomly from a list or from ideas they've submitted. Anyway.....

DatDoug......I agree...that is a seriously cool trophy!!! Dave and I had talked about doing something like that starting the second year, but decided that if it got too big, guys probably wouldn't want to haul it home with all the camping gear/parts.....so we intentionally kept it smaller. As cool as that one is, where the heck would you put it? I don't have space for something like that! I like the timing covers for the fact that they can easily be hung on a wall. Anyway...I've certainly spent way too much time on this post!! :)

I like the idea of taking submissions for potential trophy builders and casting a group vote on who will make what. I believe there should be a 1st and 2nd place prize as well, since it is always such a clincher with all the great ratsun award candidates (like between DatDoug's "gravel pusher" and Ben's "ratty rolla"). I built that trophy as a garage beer holder in case you were wondering where such a piece would be stored. I often have people over and we get our beers mixed up, so I figured the award winner would always know where his was :lol: Anyway, enough about that. I've been staring at a pile of parts and datto scrap in a bucket for a couple of months wanting to do something with it, but figured it was too late and didnt wanna step on any toes for those who may have already been in the works with something. Mike, you presented some good ideas on the future organization of award presentation, and I think we ought to make it a more democratic system like you suggested instead of just appointing someone, or assuming somoene will do it. It would remove the confusion and/or potential bickering. Remember, this is supposed to be fun guys! :)