Wheel Techniques San Jose

Just wanted to share my experiance with Wheel techniques. www.wheeltechniques.com.

I got my 510 several weeks back and it came with a nice set of Panasports. However the poor car sat outside near the ocean for the last 10 years. Surprising the body is pretty clean but the poor rims were down right nasty with corrosion. I started polishing them out but quickly realized they should really go to the professionals. I've used wheel techniques in the past for some polishing on motorcycle projects and have always been happy with their work. The job they did on the rims was fantastic. Three of them had slight bends which they fixed and the turn around was really quick.

Here is the before and after.

Before.jpg

both inside and outside lips are polished. Centers painted.

After.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno how big your spacers are but, I have a 5/16 spacers and these are long enough with no problem.

dorman part# 610-403

napa part# 641-2785

personally the napa version was a better fit but that could be just my hubs?? dunno

I recommend some ARP wheel studs...you can find some here:

http://www.summitrac...arp+wheel+studs

Humm those might work, but which ones? there are a ton on that page and im not sure which part number i need. Ide like something longer then 50mm. Looking to run 10mm spacers in the front and maybe more in the rear..

Here are some more pics of the car.

brads510.jpg

shakedown2.jpg

Humm those might work, but which ones? there are a ton on that page and im not sure which part number i need. Ide like something longer then 50mm. Looking to run 10mm spacers in the front and maybe more in the rear...

These are what the PO installed: http://www.summitracing.com/search/Part-Type/Wheel-Studs/Brand/ARP/Wheel-Stud-Thread-Size/1-2-20-in-RH/Overall-Length-in/3-275-in/?Ns=Rank|Asc

Perhaps a bit overkill and too expensive for what you're after. I am pretty sure you'll have to drill out the holes. And obviously get some new lug nutz.

These are what the PO installed: http://www.summitrac...in/?Ns=Rank|Asc

Perhaps a bit overkill and too expensive for what you're after. I am pretty sure you'll have to drill out the holes. And obviously get some new lug nutz.

I think I would like to rather not have to dill out and thread in. If i could find a press in like the originals that was either 2.25' or 2.5" long that would be great.

How much did it cost for the polish and paint? I just picked up some panasports today and want to do the exact same thing just different color.

Thanks,

Lucas

The rates for the polishing and paint vary depending on the condition of the rim and what paint you want to go with. If there is serious pitting on the rim then the polish job takes longer and costs more. If you want some multi stage paint or something they will have to order then that costs more as well. I suggest taking a rim into them for a quote.

• 2 weeks later...

Should have gone to Rite-way wire and wheel in walnut creek. I hear a lot of horror stories about wheel techniques. If you look on the 350z and g35 forums they have pictures of like rims after 3 or 4 months they get orange peel and look really bad. But if your in San Jose, then Walnut Creek is kinda a drive.