bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lovin the shots im so glad the car didnt get junked

attention 610ers im looking for a hood anyone got one?

i wasn't going to let it get junked. at first, i was hoping Boris could get a fair deal before i moved in with a Jew-Jitsu move stole it from him!! :lol:

i got the bumpers haven't had time to do much with them. as for chrome... no chrome, i might shave the chrome...? i am getting more familiar with the car and cleaning it out. i got my SU's mounted. the dual point Distributor i have seems to not fit properly. the hold down bolt will not align with the housing it attaches to.......dualpointdist.jpg

Where are you located ? i'm in corona and just switched to a black box distributer, if you want any of my old dizzys and or pedistals you can have them

cool thanks! i am looking through some of my parts, trying to make head or tails on this. i may have to take you up on those extra parts you have. i am in Fontana near Baseline and Citrus

steve

distconnections.jpg

ok i got the right part to attach my Dist. on my L20B. i had to dremmel clearance for the bolt. it will work so i am good there. my next question is, do i piggy back the wire going to the dist? this dist. has two terminals as shown in the pic. there is only one wire for the single point dist. anyone know what needs to be done to properly hook this dist up?

Thanks

Steve

Anybody know if my 73 is pre-wired for a tach? If so which one will work? I keep seeing 510 tachs for sale and wonder if one will work in my car.

Thanks

Scott

i don't think that the tach would be too hard to wire up? it takes a + a - and the reference from the - side of the coil should be rather simple.....

Anybody know if my 73 is pre-wired for a tach? If so which one will work? I keep seeing 510 tachs for sale and wonder if one will work in my car.

Thanks

Scott

Yes, the '73 610 is pre-wired for a factory tach. You will have a Black/White and Black/Green wire in the dash behind the cluster (taped and tucked along the bottom). You disconnect it and connect it in series with the factory tach. There is a wire that runs from the tach to the coil that comes with the tach. The tach mounts special, so the 510 set wont bolt in. Hope this helps.

Edited by zerow
I know I'm probably second in line but if anyone comes across teh plastic bracket that attaches the wiper pivots to the frame hook it up! also does anyone know if that part is the same on other cars too ?

Which part? Send a pic of the broken/old and I may have it.

I know I'm probably second in line but if anyone comes across teh plastic bracket that attaches the wiper pivots to the frame hook it up! also does anyone know if that part is the same on other cars too ?

If you mean the plastic sockets that connect the motor arm to to the linkage and the linkage to the wiper pivot?

The 610 used one for the wiper arm to linkage, and a different one for the linkage to the pivot.

According to the pt numbers:

The 710 used the same wiper arm one on both sides.

The '77-'79 200sx used the linkage to pivot one on both sides.

Actually what I need is the plastic bracked that attaches the spindle(?) thing to the "frame" I can't get a picture of the whole part as I would have to completly remove the wipers system, but I can take a picture of the braken parts lol, there are two studs, one on each side of the spindle that bolt up. from what I can tell it's close to the shape of an exhaust flange,

412desI2LqL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

how much did that set up run you? is it just the 510 stuff or do they actually offe 610 specific stuff now?

Sorry, been a while since i've been on the net.

Some is 510 but some is for the 610, the major difference is the rear end and the gearbox mount for the SR20 box.

Im pretty sure this is the first 610 they did by what Bazz said, but they are pretty much the same anyway.

The whole setup cost me just under $7000 in the end.:D

Actually what I need is the plastic bracked that attaches the spindle(?) thing to the "frame" I can't get a picture of the whole part as I would have to completly remove the wipers system, but I can take a picture of the braken parts lol, there are two studs, one on each side of the spindle that bolt up. from what I can tell it's close to the shape of an exhaust flange,

412desI2LqL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I think I understand. The assembly is the whole wiper pivot, the metal and plastic are all one part to make up the wiper pivot. The "exhaust flange" part is the plastic that holds the pivot. And by "frame", you mean the metal under the cowl. The two screws come up from under the metal work and two nuts hold the whole thing to the car. I suggest that you run (don't walk) to the all import yard in Fontana and grab up the pair on the 710 out there. I have the set on the sports coupe, but they're accounted for...