Brake bleeding woes! URGENT!

I'd think it would be stiff if it was the brake booster unsure.gif Plus I'm sure it would run like ass when I jump on the brakes. I'd be opening up a rather heavy vac leak if it was bad.

This car is odd. I"m kind of tempted to blame the reman M/C again, because it does look like I'm loosing fluid, but I haven't found any on the car. It's either leaking out at the calipers and burning off, or it's leaking out the back seal of the M/C. It's weird. The car was fine for a while after installing the M/C and bleeding, then I drove it hard and it's been shit ever since.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

like I said could be getting suck up in intake

first off never buy reman

Very good possibility it's sucking back into the intake.

I'm gonna go back and see if I can return the reman and pay the difference on a new one.

So I found that if I turn off the engine, pump the brakes to let the stored vacuum out, and continue pumping until the brakes stiffen up, I get full brake pressure back 90% of the time, after starting the car back up. MAKES NO SENSE???

I can drive the shit out of the car, revving it up to 5500 between gear changes, and the damn thing has full brakes next time I go to stop, but after that it's soft again.

More weird symptoms. Any more ideas?

You have a booster right? Make sure you dont have a leak. Also, I ask because I dont know, is there a check valve in the OEM booster hose?

At least what? You go thru cars LUGNUTS like tampons? I can take a joke/razzin man :rofl:

Fixed it for you.

You have a booster right? Make sure you dont have a leak. Also, I ask because I dont know, is there a check valve in the OEM booster hose?

Fixed it for you.

yup, I've checked the booster as well, by plugging the booster vac line and driving it around the block. I still loose brake pressure.

It does have a check valve as well, and I did verify it as well

Try this test.

Test one, while parked, hit your brake pedal hard and fast. How is the pedal? Nice and firm and up high?

Test two, again while parked, apply very light pedal pressure, light you are at a stop light. Just enough to keep the car from rolling if on a very slight incline. hold this very light pressure for about 60 seconds. How is the pedal? Sinking to the floor? Low and mushy?