Back From the Dead

H20doctor

well after sitting in the Barn for 6 years , I have spent the last 5 weeks throwing it all back together with a New engine, Parts List

New Radiator

new clutch

new water pump

Fuel Pump

Msd 6al Ignition with Blaster coil

New Rebello Block with z pistons

New Head with cam and everything...

matched Ports and Valve Bowl are done By auto sport in seattle

New distributor, and re curved by auto sport

webber 32 /36 with Jetting by top end Performance

2k into the engine

shorty header with 2 1/4 custom exhaust all the way back

Now i need to find a truck Bed

5728863035_15b97a850e_z.jpg

Pics are here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90194211@N00/sets/72157626739798012/with/5729404826/

Im tired and my Back hurts ... But its done ...

Oh here is the start up on Youtube

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice job man

Thank you ... I got to take it down the freeway today, and Fill it up with some Gas, its really nice to Be in my Datsun truck again.. Now i need to do some interior work and install new carpets , and new Led dash Lights with a dimmer switch..

Nice looking KC glad to see it back together rather than sold in pieces. How much better did it run than when it was stock?

I havent driven a stock truck in a long long time... As far as this engine goes in the truck, I have got 2 solid days now driving it from lake stevens to Kent, and today all over to edmonds and the eastside... Its alot of fun on the freeway when i can stomp on it and get the webber to open op both Barells of the carb, there is alot of mid torq, but nothing from a dead start.. Id really like to build a Nap Z frankenstein block with an L20 head , Im also wondering If an SU set up would provide more HP than the webber 32 /36 .. Or maybe a Cannon Intake manifold VS a the stock one ...

where you get the fuel pump from? My stock is getting low.

Have you thought of trying a 38/38 weber. would be just a bolt on.

I dont like SUs as most are worn out junk by now unless you know of a good running set. or maybe somebody has a set of sidedrsft waiting around. One alwasy come ups for sale every now and then.

i thinkg the stock intake manis fine esp if its matchported to the intake size.

terry at Autosport did both my blocks.you have the spec of the cam or is it a LAME Delta regrind

but nothing from a dead start.. ???

set the sprocket to # 2?????????? all L20s come set to #2 from factory. Maybe try #3????

How you like that header? I have one ceramic coated but never used it.

Does it leak?

i got the fuel pump here

http://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/parts/75/nissan/620/fuel_pump/mechanical_fuel_pump.html?3593=68119

I have the cam sprocket set on 1 , as soon as i have some miles on the engine im going to switch it over to either notch 2 or 3 ..

I have had no problem with exhaust leaks on the shorty header ... its a snug fit

as for the carb , I do have a set of SU's , but they wont clear the brake booster on the 620 truck ... and i like the webber so far , a cannon intake would be nice , but they are hard to find...

as for the cam , i sent a stock one down to top end performace and they did a a mild grind .. its a 480 sumthn sumthn .. its not a high lift cam , just a mild one ..

one thing i do need help on is wiring my MSD tach adapter to the stock tach ? anyone lead me to that thread ?