The art of shifting gears

No way would you double clutch all day long!! That wears out the clutch and there is no need for use of the clutch except for starting and stopping. 95% of truckers do not double clutch.

That does not mean we don't know how to do it. There is a use for it every now and then

That was meant as a bad reference to the F&F (AKA a bad joke), don't get a chance to work those in as much anymore...I am pretty sure truckers live thier lives alot more than a quarter mile at a time.

But - Winnin is Winnnin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was meant as a bad reference to the F&F (AKA a bad joke), don't get a chance to work those in as much anymore...I am pretty sure truckers live thier lives alot more than a quarter mile at a time.

But - Winnin is Winnnin

:lol:

I gotcha. I had to teach double clutching when I was an instructor and I hated it!! Before the job started I actually had to reteach myself how to do it!! :D

jayden if you ever haul up to b.c. we have the craziest roads around. take the canyon into the north, nice drive but there is a few deaths every month. guys have 140,000 lbs on board with lumber or chips, both b-train. and 600+ hp to match. i got laid off and went back to wrenching.

IMG_2909.jpg

jayden if you ever haul up to b.c. we have the craziest roads around. take the canyon into the north, nice drive , guys have 140,000 lbs on board with lumber or chips, both b-train. and 600+ hp to match. i got laid off and went back to wrenching.

Now that sounds like fun!! Gotta respect the road!!