Javin's 78 Datsun Pickup

I put the new LEDs in the Tach and got my dash back together a couple days ago. I will re do it all later as the LEDs I put in my tach are brighter than the ones I put in my other gauges. Have the other set on order already though. I am putting the color changing ones in. Means no matter what I do to my interior, I can change my lights to match. :rolleyes:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanna do mine next ;)

Absolutely! I'll be redoing my "how to" once I get the color ones; in case you want to try on your own. Trust me, the hardest part is getting the gauges out.

EDIT: Fixed Grammar

Edited by Javin

Cleaned out the truck today. Went to mount the door panel back on but realized that I had not clips or tape or anything that would hold the damn thing on. Stuck the door pull back on the naked door and called it good. Trimmed the carpet I had so it doesnt bunch up but still looks like butt, meh, its something. Pulled the dome light to check voltage for possible LED change... reads 13v. Found out my mirror is crumbling. The plastic just finally gave up I think. Swapped out shifters to a 200sx shifter. Chose to mount it backwards as my seats are a little too close for it. Kinda cleaned the outside. Made the tires black again. Only Oic I took is this one of the outside.

IMG_1108.jpg

Thanks Skib.

Got bored while at the house today and soldered leads on the remaining LEDs. Now I just need to figure out where to put them. Oics.

IMG_1110.jpg

Camera flash on (still bright with only 9v)

IMG_1113.jpg

Camera flash off 9v

IMG_1114.jpg

• Like 1

Went and got some screws and bolts for my truck to replace some of my very rusted and almost stripped ones. Ace hardware had everyone I needed (I think...) Found out that some of my parts are stripped, so I may need to either repair them or buy longer screws.

Is there a reason other than paint not sticking to it NOT to buy stainless steel screws for some stuff? Stainless does not rust, right?

I was talking about this problem to someone at canby, but for get who. My truck does not like to be floored and is temperamental at ~2000RPM I took a video of me flooring it. If it were in gear it would have died instead of just struggling. Video is taking a while to upload.

• Like 1

Stock hitachi carb. there is a click you can hear before it reves and that is my foot mashing the pedal to the floor. once it goes to the floor I hold it till it hits ~5k. The stall at 1900 then rise again is what I am curious about. What causes that?

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk_By82iBHc

• Like 1

Stock hitachi carb. there is a click you can hear before it reves and that is my foot mashing the pedal to the floor. once it goes to the floor I hold it till it hits ~5k. The stall at 1900 then rise again is what I am curious about. What causes that?

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk_By82iBHc

Would old gas cause it to do this? Anyone have anythings to look at?

• Like 2

Weber :D

I am going to wait on swapping out to he non smog crap. I do still have to pass every 2 years. Maybe if I can find a way to make it an easy swap back and fourth I would think about it.

• Like 1

Probably junk in the carb and the accelerator pump going. X2 on the weber.

I run a filter before my pump and a filter before the inlet to try and minimize the amount of junk entering the expensive bits. :)

• Like 1

Accelerator Pump, Same Thing Happened To Mine, I Just Bought Another One Since I Couldn't Find Any Rebuild Kits.

But I Still Went With The Weber :lol:

BTW You Don't Have To Remove Smog Stuff, Just Plug Some Holes And Remove Air Pump Belt :lol:

It's Only Once Every Two Years :huh:

• Like 1

I will think about webering... seems like the easiest way to do it. Will the datsun pass smog in oregon with a webber and cat (yes I do have a cat on mine).

Anyway, good news! I got my lights intoday! Will have the gauges redone tomorrow maybe. And I will have enough lighting to do other places as well (under hood lighting).

I know it may seem ricer, but I just wanted some illumination for when I pop the hood and so I can see my speedo in something other than blue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IBQxr3oRrc

Also, I have a great ebay seller for this and I will message him to see if he can give some good rates on the stuff (I paid $50 including shipping for 5 meeters of the lights and 1 controller module).

• Like 1
2eDeYe' date='16 June 2011 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1308260200' post='495165']

Those are friggin bright :cool:

The video shows them brighter than they are. They should work with the dimmer switch on my truck so I am stoked about that. I have been playing with them for the last few minutes and am debating if I want to try to install them tonight. I have another controller coming in the mail soon so I can do the rest of the cab lighting and under the hood lighting on a different circuit. Only problem with the lights is that the "white" is not as white as it could be. Also, you have to run and solder 4 wires for every cut you make (instead of 2 on normal LEDs). Stil for the price these things are awesom. Totoally Christmas light replacements for when I buy a house. I may order some straight white ones for my Honda interior as well. We will see.

• Like 1