pacesetter header

i have a pacesettet header that.i have to change the gaskets on it about every three months.this is my daily driver.i think i will put the stock manifold and pipe back on it this header is just a pain in the butt.never had any problem with the stock exhaust. really could not tell that big of a difference in the performance any way.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! A good one may not leak but they are expensive and you are still left with 'didn't make much difference' . I learned this back in the '70 with my 521. I wanted a header sooooo bad. Couldn't wait to burn down the road with all the new found power. Took most of the weekend to do and I had to remove one of the torsion bars, loosen the motor mount, and it didn't fit that well. This is in addition to removing the stock exhaust. What a disappointment! Made noise not hp. The collector/reducer bolts were constantly coming loose. Rusty looking in 4 months. Will never do this on a street motor. Headers are just like a spoiler on the street. No use at all.

To Pacesetter's credit, I did have one on my '97 hardbody and it never leaked once. It was one of the best fitting headers I ever got. But seeing as I hadn't opened up the head, it didn't do that much for performance either. If it's on a Z24 motor, are you sure the nuts aren't just backing off? That tends to happen on those, particularly if you don't have the original nuts with the big special washer.

My header is coming off in the near future.And we are going to have a side by side comparison to a stock manifold on a street motor(under 60000rpms).

I'd like that even if I have to eat a little shit for my comments about headers. The more modified the motor the more you will get out of them. I think the stock manifold is good enough but never hurts to have some numbers.