In the year 2000

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so here is my formal introduction. My name is Gilbert I live in LA. This is my 1971 4 door 510. According to the VIN plate it was born in June of 1971. I took ownership of my baby about 8 years ago. My dad and I picked her up after I found her in the "recycler" when it used to be og http://community.ratsun.net/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/cool.gif It was in Land Scatter Cali. Picked her up for $1350. Slot mags, stock L164x4 mode, Hurst T shifter Z 5 spd. It was beautiful. Few years passed replaced the Hitachi with a pair of SU's Hooker super comp header, exhaust. Typical upgrades for for a young broke Mexican teen.

Back in '05 while I was working at Toys-R-Us my baby gets stolen. http://community.ratsun.net/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/ohmy.gif I cried for days. This car has an incredible amount of sentimental value to me. Weeks passed finally got a call from LAPD somewhere in LA they find it. Get it back, missing from a complete set of wheels only two get taken. Pair of Nexen non reclining bucket seats taken. Genuine NISMO Momo horn button, Fake Nismo harness sound system. Get her back she still drives. But as I slowly begin to piece her together and begin to drive her. She's no longer the same car I loved so much. I didn't like driving her anymore. I parked her for a while and had a decision to make get rid of her or get my act together. I was scared at the possibility of losing her again. So I opted for the latter of the 2. And thats where the story begins.

20591600001_medium.jpg

20591600008_medium.jpg

20591600010_medium.jpg

20591600013_medium.jpg

20591600014_medium.jpg

Man, awesome start! except the stolen car part... but, a fuel kill/cut off switch would help prevent the "I got my car stolen" story. Works like a charm. Oh, and a detachable steering wheel. No wheel, no steal. Unless of course it got flatbedded! Welcome none the less!!!

Shall I continue?? But of course. So car remains in the picture. The time to replace the powerplant is now but which of all the options? Will it be an SR a KA or a VG or even a Rotary?? (Women and children shriek in the background) I decided to go with a VG. Simple for me because A: I love how it sounds B: like the KA parts are everywhere even at Ralphs. C: I didn't want to flip my crossmember or have to find a custom sway bar. So here is the donor car. Its a craigslist find. Guy sold it because it was missfireing (distributor wires mixed.) Bought it for $350. Pulled into a gas station and figured the wires, calmly drove it home.

20591600037_large.jpg

More to come...

Taking a lil toilet break for a huge reason (fuck taco trucks!) Well the s12 is long gone. I didn't even know about the s12 struts and the possibillities. So here's the village waiting to be pillaged.

20591600036_large-1.jpg

And here is the awsome kit I used from team thump. Jeff Klein answered so many of my questions and I appreciate his paitiance with me.

20591600035_large.jpg

Sorry for teasing guys (I might have been a stripper in my past life who knows) I promise to have more later. And thanks for the comments on my writing skills (far from a pulitzer) but I welcome the compliment whole heartedly.

Team Thump is what my cousin went through. It seems like you should just go ahead and buy an S12 when ever you get a 510. If you're doing a VG, that's the plenium to get isn't it? People always say the VG has been done before buy I see more KA and SR dimes. And nothing sounds cooler than, "What ya got under there?" "Oh, a 3 liter V6."

I plan on doing a VG30 in my dime. What made you choose team thumps kit over the VG30.com kits? i'm still trying to decide which one to go with.

From what I remember the team thump kit allows you to use the VG mounts as opposed to the L16 mounts.

Flatcat those SU's are long gone.

Dat-side your correct as far as fitment is concerned the S12 intake is the one to use.

Well as I continue with my build.

This vid is a little walk around i did prior to first start up. I couldn't wait to finally hear the car start.

th_SSL12969.jpg

Here is the video of the first start up. Open headers louder than a mofo.

th_SSL12962.jpg

First engine bay shots. Radiator is an affco scirrocco style with no cap.

SSL12960.jpg

SSL12959.jpg

This is my Hypercoil coilover set up. Front spring rate is #275, 280ZX front struts currently getting chopped for MR2 illuminas.

SSL17871.jpg

Front sway bar I bought at the Eagle Rock swapmeet.

SSL17870.jpg

in this picture you can see my Ermish rear coilovers, Maxima rear calipers, 200sx rotors and custom stainless brake lines

SSL17866.jpg

I picked up this Subaru 3.7 LSD off of the dimequarterly.

SSL17865.jpg

This is my interior JDM chargespeed buckets with a Schroth 4 point harness. I've got a five panel "Wink" rear view mirror. Auto meter sport-comp gauges. MOMO wheel. NRG removable adapter.

SSL12625.jpg

SSL11476.jpg

SSL11474.jpg

More on the way.