Frame off 620 SR20DET

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

So after three months of crap in life I finally got things settled enough to get a little work done. Degreased the frame and pulled off the front suspension. By the way moving in the middle of a project sucks.

I have it scheduled for the frame to be blasted and primed Oct 11th, then the real fun should begin. Has anyone paid to have this done? it's goning to cost me about $300, I'm wondering if I should take that money and set up my compressor to do it myself.

from my own experiences pay someone to do it if they have all the gear - what a screw around and blasting medium gets EVERYWHERE...

when my frame was done i just had them blast it then we bought it straight home and primed it ourselves.. might save you a bit of cash if you can spray a paint gun...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is a pretty decent price to stop datto rust.

May I suggest some spray or roll on bedliner to give it a little more of a rugged coating? :)

But wait until you get all your welding is done for the suspension and stuff.

This is exactly what I want to do to my kingcab. Except not sure about custom a arms. Can you show a pic of what they look like?

Larry

There is only about a coat and a half of etching primer on there now. After I finish welding I'm gonna do two or three more coats of high build then block it out and throw a single stage epoxy on top of that. This time around I'm not goin for show quality I just want it to go fast (hence the SR20), Stop, and last at least another 30 years.

I got the A-arms from Beebani they use stock bushings and ball joints while leaving plenty of room for coilovers.

303184_290156951006320_100000360528308_1024122_580572427_n.jpg

380881_290157127672969_100000360528308_1024124_367210110_n.jpg

390243_290157757672906_100000360528308_1024126_1753409973_n.jpg

384867_290157904339558_100000360528308_1024127_1934172568_n.jpg?dl=1

I should have some time this weekend, I still need to take some measurements off your truck.

Before you sell it. lol

I don't think its going anywhere. Kind of late in the year to sell it. Just seeing if there are any bites. Could use a car, but might have found one. Should be checking it out sometime this week if everything goes as planned.

What measurements did you need again? Ive been getting off work around 5 every day, and M/w/f ive been outta there earlier in the day.

What measurements did you need again? Ive been getting off work around 5 every day, and M/w/f ive been outta there earlier in the day.

Tire size and lower control arm at the ball joint to the ground and lower control arm at the bushing to the ground. We could do it in my driveway.

Meh :\

Might be gone all weekend. Supposed to run up to puyallup at some point. You know where i live... You can come by anytime, or my work and measure. Right behind my shop (next to Dundees) is a parking lot. Shoot me a text or something sometime, well get it sorted out.

• 10 months later...