Goon gas cap

I went up to No Cal a couple of weeks ago and noticed the locking gas cap off my goon was missing!

Anyway, I'm looking for a replacement. DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A LOCKING CAP! A standard will do. Thanks!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine's a '71, however I have an aftermarket locking cap that says it's for a '71-later model goon, and it doesn't fit.

I'm thinking the Aussie-spec goon have use the earlier filler neck, but I don't have an early one to compare it to.

Eddie, you going to Torrance tomorrow night?

Mine's a '71, however I have an aftermarket locking cap that says it's for a '71-later model goon, and it doesn't fit.

I'm thinking the Aussie-spec goon have use the earlier filler neck, but I don't have an early one to compare it to.

Eddie, you going to Torrance tomorrow night?

Sorry I don't I have to work tomorrow but I cangive you the out side diameter so you can check yours pM's your phone # and I call you or text the size

Fuel tank stuff for 510s changed several times.

For JDM, these two. Not sure what the 1971 wagon used, they changed them for 1971:

* 17251-22904

* 17251-21001

eBay for sale 17251-21001

!CB2cjz!CWk~$(KGrHqEOKoYE0f7R7wBbBNJNBFL-,!~~_1.JPG

For wagon USA these are the parts:

to July 1969 California or April 1970 Federal

These three don't interchange

* 17251-22902

* 17251-22903

* 17251-22904

and

* 17251-N1120/17251-N1100/17251-A5900. These are the sealed EVAPO caps. Suction relief but not vented.

I put my goon on a trailer and went to the NoCal show a few weeks ago. I went to unload it off the trailer and the factory Nissan locking cap was missing! I was pissed! I know I locked it in, but I can only assume it came loose and fell off.

I did some research and found they did factory locking gas caps on the early goon only. Due to my goon being Aussie-spec, I half suspect I may have an early filler neck on mine, and may not have all the evapo tank and hoses.

I have some painted parts drying in my garage, but as soon as I can open it up, (my tools are all in there) I'm going to pull the interior side panel off and see what's happening under there.

Eddie, I will pm you my number. (Or you can send me yours) I'm thinking I may have the early filler neck on mine, and that '69 cap may work.

And thanks for the offers! I need to dig into my goon a bit and see what's up with that thing..

I put my goon on a trailer and went to the NoCal show a few weeks ago. I went to unload it off the trailer and the factory Nissan locking cap was missing! I was pissed! I know I locked it in, but I can only assume it came loose and fell off.

I did some research and found they did factory locking gas caps on the early goon only. Due to my goon being Aussie-spec, I half suspect I may have an early filler neck on mine, and may not have all the evapo tank and hoses.

I have some painted parts drying in my garage, but as soon as I can open it up, (my tools are all in there) I'm going to pull the interior side panel off and see what's happening under there.

Eddie, I will pm you my number. (Or you can send me yours) I'm thinking I may have the early filler neck on mine, and that '69 cap may work.

And thanks for the offers! I need to dig into my goon a bit and see what's up with that thing..

Man I went thru a ton of stock gas caps at the local auto parts store and none of them fit my wagon. :(

I was able to get the side panel clear enough to check out the goon gas filler, and my hunch was correct. It has the early style filler neck. Most of the other items on the car are early as well, (No DOT or EPA in Australia) so no evapo canister. That's okay because changing hoses will be much easier.

Nicoya, call me bro :)

John, there may be a locking cap in your immediate future :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.