Engine Importer's

831Sunny

I was wondering if anybody on this site had have problems with JDM Engine Importers... I.E. J-spec auto.com, tiger japanese.com, tokyo motor imports.com, JDM Engine Depot.com.

I am planing to get a good engine for my 1200 and i cant decide on either a SR20det or a CA18Det.. but i want a company who i can trust and get it for a decent price..

I know it will be a while since my Girl and I might be moving to So.Cal. I am just trying to keep my options open when it is time for me to get my lil baby running...

Thank you for any advice and any input you guys can give.. i did a search and it seems no one ever talked about this before..

P.S, Admins if it is wrong forum please move it for me.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't use engine importers, we use american engines like the L20B or KA24DE.

was thinking of the ka24de... but i want to go turbo.. and i wasn't sure if it would fit into the bay.. all the Datsun1200.com people use CA18det. and some are going with the SR20det..

it seems that almost all the parts i would need I.E. motor mount kit and so on i could get off Maddat.com

KA24de is available USDM

as well as the CA18et in one year 200sx S12

but youl mostly likely still have better luck importing a CA and youl have to import an SR unless you find one here thats already been imported (check 240sx forums)

The reason they fit CA18DET and SR20DE is because australia government won't allow KA24 swaps or even SR20DET swaps.

KA24DE fits easy as SR20 even can use stock driveshaft if you get the right transmission (720 late 2WD 5-spped, and swap a KA front half to the case).

But all three are nice engines. Can't go wrong with any of them.

i want to take a time out to thank everyone who responded to the thread.. i really apprieate your time and advice.. thank you again.. and please more posts..

@ ggzilla hmm that is a pretty good deal, but PnP engines would need to be rebuilt imo and the other thing is that i want to boost.

Suggestion. If you're coming to Southern Califonia wait 'til you're here and look in AutoTrader or the like. There are many shops here that advertise low mileage or remanufactured Japanese engines with installation for reasonable prices. Someone who does installs every day knows what he is doing without having to stop half way through because of the one impossible to get part.

• 3 months later...

i want to take a time out to thank everyone who responded to the thread.. i really apprieate your time and advice.. thank you again.. and please more posts..

@ ggzilla hmm that is a pretty good deal, but PnP engines would need to be rebuilt imo and the other thing is that i want to boost.

Being honest I wouldnt throw an imported engine in a car without at least a basic regasket gasket and maintenance done. These engines sit around just as long as some USDM pull-a-part engines. As for the KA, it can make some nice numbers turbocharged http://www.ka-t.org/ Just because an engine doesn't come turbo doesn't mean you can't make it boosted.