Wheel Sizes

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, let me try and help out the original poster.

+25 is too much offset on a 15x7 wheel to clear the 510's suspension components without spacers. Generally a +12 to +15 offset is needed with a 7" wide rim and then in most cases the fender lips will need to be rolled. Keep in mind that the spring seat on the front strut must remain above the tire to use these guidelines.

I have installed 15x6 +24 offset wheels with 195/50-15 tires on a 510 2 door and not had to roll the fenders. If you have 280ZX front struts these wheels/tires will need spacers. There is about 1/16" tire to 280ZX strut tube clearance, I like 3/8" at a minimum to counter act any tire flex during cornering.

In short, with stock 510 struts, 15x7 +12 offset will work with rolled fenders for most of the popular 195/205 tire sizes. 15x6 +24 will work without rolling the fenders with 195 or 205 50 series tires.

Remember, this is a general guideline. Tire sizes/aspect ratios, lowering amount and methods, camber and caster settings all have an effect on fitment.

Hainz,

Are you using 15x7 +25 on the rear as well? With 15x6 +24 on my car, the rim/tire is real close to the rear trailing arm. The 15x7 +25 moves the rim in another 1/2" closer to the arm compared to my rims.

It sounds like the 15x7 +25 limits you to 195 tire widths to keep from rubbing. Do you have any issues with rubbing?

If it works, that is great news for people wanting the newly re-released 15x7 Enkei 92's as +25 is the smallest offset they are offering.

Dave yes it all fits the way around.

On the realm I had a photo of what Icehouse did to shorten the struts and make the perch in the same stock weld area . So you weld the new perch where the old one was. this keeps the tire from hitting the perch ,the threaded collar. But remeber this is a 510 strut. +25mm will work and a guy in Norway told me and has photos of his 510. But he had 195/50 Toyos. Icehouse cut my threaed collar in half. and its all the way down. ichouse said use a 7in spring as the 8in you really need to crank it down to get Gangsta style.

IMPORTANT" I couldnt not install my bumsteer spacers with my T3 coil overs as the rim hits the steering idler arm

One who has a 280zx will use about a 15x7 +15 size should be fine and still will come close to tucking in as the 280zx is 3/4 in narrow track right?PLus not hit the strut but can verify how close or where the perch can be located. Be honest I think the +15 would be a better fit But datto510/greengoon on here have the +20 Rotas and only come in gunmetal. They dont list a +20 but the is!!!!

15x6 Panasports or your VTO you have more room for deviation(since its a 6in wide rim) for the strut perch setting as you have more room behind the tire to use the full spring/perch .Maybe use the full threaded collor and lower it down

heres a pic but since this photo its even lower up front. no hitting proplem at all. not stretchd fender. 195/45 up front and back. maybe a 195/50 would be better in back or a 205 to fill it in. but when it comes to 195 or 205 it can very in looks and actual size to get that perfect look between the manufactures

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=15075

Enkei making +25 is really best for the stock 510strut if its a 15x7. if 15x6 than may get away with different struts

Hainz,

Good info, especially on the 15x7 +25 fitment not allowing the use of bump steer spacers. Add to that needing 7" springs to get the needed tire clearance at the ride height you have.

One thing that happens with 510's is everyone has a different set of modifications and few 510's are stock. Details need to be shared. The little stuff like this helps out tremendously.

I tend to like to keep at least 3/8" static clearance from the tire and struts/trailing arms/fenders. This likely comes from my racing background where tires flex allot more than with common street use.

I'll bet a guy who cruises and never does any hard running can get away with 1/8" clearance. For me, there are days when a 1/2" clearance wouldn't keep things from rubbing.