Need 68 510 hood hinges!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys im still actively looking for a set! Someone has to have some in a box or bucket somewhere. You can tell them apart easily by looking at the u bend section. 69-73 have a doubler plate there. Whereas the 68 is a one piece not having that doubler plate. Please just take a minute and look at you're stash.

Here's a shot. No doubler plate on the bend. The bend is different and the part that mounts to the body is different. I don't want to hack a later one only to cause hood alignment issues. Please ?

b6754aa4.jpg

Here's a shot. No doubler plate on the bend. The bend is different and the part that mounts to the body is different. I don't want to hack a later one only to cause hood alignment issues. Please ?

b6754aa4.jpg

hmmm maybe thats why my hood dont work right. let me check my hinges when i get back to my garage

I just checked my 510 front buck (clip) that we use for engine mock-up (its a 68) and it has both hinges!

Send me a PM and let me know what you are thinking (the buck is buried way back in the storage container!)

Michael

that wouldnt happen to be the red one?...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.