lug stud press stand

....so basically, I enjoy making tools and jigs more than actually doing any work!! :) I needed to press the studs out of Brett's 411 hubs so that I can turn them to fit the rotors. I've had problems before with trying to get the studs out using just the plates on the press. I thought this might help and it was kinda fun. :)

I think the pics will tell the story well enough. It started out as scrap pieces. The weird shape of the base is because it was the leftover piece from the original 411 brackets I built by hand a couple of years ago. I posted this here instead of the machine work thread because of the second to the last pic....I don't want Datrod seeing that!! I didn't dry the coolant up right after the last project....hence the rust....I need to clean it up a bit :(

100_0484.jpg

100_0485.jpg

100_0486.jpg

100_0496.jpg

100_0497.jpg

100_0501.jpg

100_0502.jpg

100_0503.jpg

100_0504.jpg

100_0505.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, you go to great lengths to actually not do any real work for yourself.:lol: :lol: Did you find washers the right size for the 620 bearings to fit on the 521 spindles, or did they have to be made?

Yep....far more fun...just like I said in my first line :)

I guess you didn't see the new threads all linked to this one.... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30875-320520521-inner-bearing-spacer/

Wouldn't a BFH and a brass punch been easier?

Thing looks great. Don't get me wrong. But it looks like it took a bit of time as well.

...hhmmm.....I could probably just go get a big brass hammer and do it with one tool. They're pretty expensive though....this was free :)

Mike, if I had your tools, I would do exactly like you. I have way more fun figuring out how to do something without the "right" tool.

Spending a couple of hours building this.....fun! Turning another set of 411 hubs, which I've already done more than a couple of time.....boring and stressful....they can't be replaced and they have to be just right :(

You need to sign up for junk yard wars!! ;)

OMG!! I'd absolutely love to do that show!!!!! I don't watch it all the time, but I think I'd be helpful on it :)