Loading pics so they are seen on my post.

Ok so I'm new of course. Anyways i have searched this site and cannot find out how to post my pics directly to the post im writing. I know how to set it up so that there is a link you can click on for pics but wanna bypass the link. I am trying to post up my progress and need some help. I know that this warrants some type of mess talking but I can deal with it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Bobby.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I'm new of course. Anyways i have searched this site and cannot find out how to post my pics directly to the post im writing. I know how to set it up so that there is a link you can click on for pics but wanna bypass the link. I am trying to post up my progress and need some help. I know that this warrants some type of mess talking but I can deal with it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Bobby.

get a photobucket account, upload your pics to there, then they supply multiple links that you can put in your post. =]

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/691-how-to-post-pictures-and-keep-online-photo-albums/

would be nice if there was an attachment button though. for those that don't want to UL to a hosting site.

Worst idea in the world.

Ever been linked to a forum, but need to have an account to see the pictures? Yea I hate that.

Also, learn to Google Picasa.

I dont "upload" in the traditional sense. I open Picasa and it automagically uploads pics for me. I then simply grab the URLs for the pics.

I just have a godaddy account. Pretty cheap. Really needing to update the website though. That's why I have it, lately I've been using it more for hosting pictures on ratsun! ;)

would be nice if there was an attachment button though. for those that don't want to UL to a hosting site.

Costs the forum owners more money for hosting space, also when a forum upgrade occurs you risk losing the pictures (like on the realm) if things don't work correctly.

External hosting is better for everyone.

You can set up a free website at Yola.com. Up to 5 sites allowed per person.

Here is mine.

http://qwik510.yolasite.com

Once you have the pics posted, you right click on the picture you want, copy the url and insert it in between the following:

PB%20car2.jpg

I use google chrome so when I right click on a picture, I get a choice to copy the url. If you use internet explorer, you will right click, choose properties and then copy the url.

I know it is better to have newbies search but I would rather see more pics, not more threads about how to post pics.

Thanks all! I know it's been covered a billion tines just had a hard time figuring it out on my own. I'm not too computer SAVVY. anyways I been making minor fixes and want to post on my build thread and if I don't have pics it didn't happen I know. Later and thanks for the help.