411/roadster 4 speed.

as stated i nthe title, i need a 4speed that goes behind a r16. mine was stolen from my shop this last week. dunno wat day but noticed it today. anyone have one free or very cheap? really dont have the money to be replacing parts i already had for this thing right now

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sux. No...that FUCKING SUCKS!!!! :mad:

I posted a WANTED: R16 4-speed request for ya on the Roadster Mailing list. Now, where's my thermostat tower? :D

Pete

sorry man i have it in my car. ill see about getting it to the post office tomorrow. i only worked 3 days this week casue of court and personal things and i still worked 34 hours in 3 days. its been a long week. ill send u a message when it goes out.

Either the thief knows exactly what he was stealing (A) or the exact opposite and has made a mistake and thought it was for something else(B). It isn't worth the bother for scrap metal so A or B is likely. If A then it's someone who has something it will fit in like a 411/Roadster. If B then it's going to end up of no use and may end up scrapped. I would check out metal recyclers or scrap metal yards.

no real theft insurance, my boss offered to pay for a new one tho. honestly if it was a person on here, shame on them... that being said if they returned it un broken id be totally fine with not pressing charges. i just want my trans back!

I have one for a roadster and one for a 510, but seems that you are looking for one of a 411. $50 each plus shipping

i may take u up on that. ill have to do a lil more research. i have parts to get in sd anyways

ive been looking thru som schematics and it looks as tho the r16 roadster trans and the j13 and 510 4 speed are all the same type of trans with a different front case for the bellhousing and different tailshaft for shifter location but all the infernals and areas where the case splits look to be the same. it looks like either a j13 or 510 4 speed tailshaft with the roadster front half will get me wat i need or something close to it so the shifter isnt behind me. if anyone else knows about this please let me know

You can't change the tranny length by changing the tailshaft. If you have a J13 and a short tailshaft transmission with a spline driveshaft then the 4 speed from a 520 should be very close or worth a look.

Would yours look like this one?? and is it about 26" long?

F4W63forJ13monkeymotionnoflange.jpg

F4W63forJengine001-1.jpg

F4W63forJengine002.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

ok i know it wont fit.. ive got some tricks up my sleeve, so does anyone local have one, got a few leads but still looking for the cheapest, closest one to me. wat u guys got?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.