Hella E-Codes

79D50

I purchased a pair of european hella e code H4's and H1's for my project(not DOT approved). The H4's are a high low using a 55W Hella Xenon Premium Bulb. It is rated at 1895 lumens at 3300 kelvin. The high beam H1's are Xenon Premium bulbs. This set produces much more light than the ellipsoid projectors with PIAA Extreme Whites (rated at 4300K). The cutoff and dispersion of light to the road is so much clearer.

I highly recommend these lights. It is a design that has been tried and true in the European market since the 70's. Susquehannah motorsports is the shop where I picked them up. They have all the information to help you make a solid choice and educate you on bulbs, housings, application etc. They are brand new, high quality, solid built headlights. You do not need to modify your buckets to get these to fit so installation is basic. I've tried so much bullshit, and these are by far the best. Anyone want to buy some ellipsoids? hehe

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did almost the same thing recently, except that i only did the low beams. I used the Hella kits though, not sure what bulb comes in the kit, except that it is a 55/60w high/low bulb. These alone made a huge different in nighttime vision.

I had put all of the headlights on relays a couple of years ago, and the relays made a huge improvement in the stock style halogen(garbage) lenses.

Highly recommended. I got mine from Discount Import Parts in Tigard,OR. They keep the kits in stock too.

I recently did a headlight relay install on a Ford pickup I own.

Theses are the relays I used, two relays from summitracing.com, for $18.45.

Relay.jpg

This is the diagram of the wiring circuit I used.

HeadlampRelay.jpg

Because of the ground side switching on a 510 car, You will need to wire the coils of the relay differently. This circuit should work.

510HeadlampRelay.jpg

In my wiring diagrams for a 510, the power in for the headlights on one side is red, and on the other side it is red, with a blue stripe. Low beams is red with a black stripe, high beams is red with a white stripe.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...