Possiblilities of this for sound deadening

It's been covered too much I know but hear me out!!!

I work for a lovely Tile wholesaler and we carry a line of product for sound deadening floors where tile goes, it is by a company called Laticrete and is called sound and crack adhesive.

http://www.laticrete.com/Portals/0/datasheets/lds2040.pdf

It is a rubbery type adhesive that lays down with a trowel is light weight and seems like it would be a really really good replacement/ substitute for dynomatt, I also could get it at or near cost which even buying a 5 gal bucket would be cheaper that dynomatt. There is no tar it dries soft but dry and not sticky and feels slightly fibrous no smell once dry and can be applied as thin or thick as you want. What do you guys think of it?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can run heating matt in the floors while using this stuff. I'd assume that it can tolerate a decent amount of heat as those heating matts have to push the heat through the tile to degrees upwards of 70 deg's. I'll ask my sister about it she deals with Laticrete a lot.

I use the roll on roofing tar. About 1/4- 3/8 thick, dry to the touch, easy to cut and when warmed with a torch is pliable and will mold into corners. You can even heat and 'weld' edges together. Fuck that expensive dynamat shit. The roll on you can get for free. Roofing companies like to use full lengths without joints so there are always roll ends laying around. You only need a few sq. yds.