king bee66

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

ive never thought the b210 nose had enough of an aggressive look too it.   im playing around with a few ideas,  heres one of them

4IAxaVS.jpg

po7Brq0.jpg

in this picture the length of the grill and light bazels are about 6 inches too long to fit in between the fenders, so there is still obviously a lot of refining to do

im not a fan of the honey comb pattern but...

SudWbkP.jpg

when after looking it over a bit, it looks like the earlier grille might work better for this application.   id have to cut into the late grille to an awkward spot where it would leave a gap between the bazel and the grille where the stock turn signal would normally be located

carefully cut  the honeycomb out. Sand it flush, then paint. I have a piece of perforated aluminum screen, rolled to match the rear surface of the reveal area. 

Got lucky and the pins on the back of the "D" lined up perfectly too.

that sound like it was well thought out, do you have a build thread?  i know ive seen your car around here for awhile but cant remember ever seeing a thread.   

the honey comb pattern can be used successfully, i personally like the mustang honeycomb like this one

2013-Ford-Mustang-Front-Grille-1024x682.

i think i might try to paint it the comb pattern black to see if it makes it more discrete and go from there.  im already going to be cutting off the headlight and turn signal surrounds,  id at least like to leave some of the grille intact.

...and then there is also the option of going back to the junkyard and picking up the grille off of peugeot that i got the lights from

OkRq8s2.jpg

but it would take a fair amount of plastic welding to delete the emblem

No, no build thread for me.bought the car 10 yrs or so ago for my oldest son. Because he saw a pic of my car in my younger years.  Then he decided a V8 was more his style.  he bought a Nova..  

Any way it was sitting in the back yard saying  BUILD me and I will drive... :)  just kept plugging away at it, til its in the state its in.  Got backed into  at work already too.  

Not a happy camper.  still have not fixed it  

When painting that plastic  scuff it up real good and use an adhesion promoter.  I use Bulldog at work  

Edit: I've always wanted to try a 620 grill on one

• 3 weeks later...

finally received the bushings i needed to get the 710 leafsprings in, now i need to find some loweringblocks

FWIW, I have some 1" and some 3" blocks. And I own no more leaf spring cars, so...

:rofl:

From the looks of that pic you really don't need more than another 1-2" if you're going to run those 15s...

• 1 year later...

finally made some noticeable progress

touched up some trouble areas

5d0LV8i.jpg

J3WOwXR.jpg

8yVmfwC.jpg

also changed the oil pan gasket. i originally put a new one on when i swapped my a14 for the a15 but it still leaked,  awhile i was given a bag of random A motor gaskets and apparently it had 2 front rubbers and not a slightly smaller rear. 

changing a oil pan gasket on a b210 with the motor in the car is not an easy task. even after i lifted the motor off the mounts and drop the crossmember i was only left with a very small space to work with

3HS7H3G.jpg

c9ziabz.jpg

both the flexplate and starter teeth look slightly warn down, i think im going to go ahead and replace the starter.  on the plus side, the rear seal looks in great condition

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

someone asked me the other day why this thread is called guacamole mobile, i just liked the way it sounds, it only looks green in the right lighting,  and certainly not the color of any guacamole i would ever eat. so whatever.
 anyway, a nice before and after of the engine bay

nWItmWb.jpg

P1UaqS6.jpg

i found these clips to replace the harness zipties, i like them so much more than what was there before

GRKFQDm.jpg

i still havent installed the master cylinder because there are some lines i need to replace before i can start running fluid.  unfortunately my 280zx struts where left out unprotected for a year and i now consider them a core. so until i find a new set im forced to run stock.

so back to rockauto it is