the guacamole mobile

king bee66

these pics are as it sits today.

88031816.jpg

17023051.jpg

this is from the first wreck, my stepdads dad borrowed it from his wife while she was out of town, got in the wreck and then had some cheap bondo work done to hid the evidence, unfortunately the job was done so hastefuly that the be bondo was painted over before it could set and began cracking. im in the process of correcting it.

71694543.jpg

55835590.jpg

this is the second wreck someone in a truck forgot to e brake and rolled into the datsun. looks like there is rust coming from behind the bando, i will probably want to redo it.

93909783.jpg

rusty fender, think i will just try to find a replacement

97864184.jpg

80656216.jpg

19503486.jpg

dash pad is completely gone

87389084.jpg

heres my replacement, not sure what i will cover it with yet

35328365.jpg

some stupid girl i was giving a ride to thought it was a good idea to use the panel as a handle

70981458.jpg

eventually i will fix it. this is what i did with the back panels, the card board was so old they were disintegration. i picked up some thicker ply and cut out the pattern

48332077.jpg

44543092.jpg

yesterday i pulled the carpet it was falling apart, little rust around the plug, not terrible

35350451.jpg

little more, still not bad

51295946.jpg

oh, thats nice, good thing i dont date fat girls

48739673.jpg

90444043.jpg

58360321.jpg

thats it for now

• Like 1
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't look like a bad place to start from. Where in Texas are you? I'm in Southeast Texas, about an hour north of Beaumont. Kinda out in BFE. I was thinking you were in the Houston area from an older post, but I may be getting confused. If you run into some welding you need done, I may can help. Not much of a mechanic, but I'm pretty good with steel.

Yeah, I rarely get out to central Texas. I have some family around Temple that I need to visit. I've been with my wife for 5 years and she still hasn't gotten to see where they all live. I do love Austin though. Good luck with the car. Just think, for every part of it that needs repair/replacing, there is an oportunity to customize.

N400709.jpg

logo350.jpg

has anyone ever used these for any model datsun before? if so, were you happy with it? its been very tempting for awhile amd im going to be pulling out alot of my interior soon; i would really like a nice pad for when i reinstall everything.

btw, by new seats

_DSC6354.jpg

the colors are a perfect match for the b210 dash panel :P

• Like 1

Did you buy that wrecked 210?!?

I have used that exact dash cap myself and it looks awesome. Just like factory, and if you do it right no one can even tell it's been done.

yes i did. maybe you could tell me the history of the motor, are the 260k miles on the odometer original?

i think i will be swapping the A15 into my car, do you remember if the head had oval intake ports or a large combustion chamber? i havent taken the valve cover off yet so i dont even know the model. right now on my a14 im running a h72 with oval ports, cali combustion chamber s and was rebuit recently, my plan as of now is to remove the head, have it shaved down and roll with it on the a15...

All A15s use heads designed for the A14. Some may be considered junk by some people, but they seem to be good quality.

A15 ... do you remember if the head had oval intake ports or a large combustion chamber?

All US models have open combustion chambers. But these are not 'larger' than the non-US closed chambers. Instead the piston dish varies.

There are at least three different head designs used on A15:

* 1981-1982 heads have deep pocket chambers. All A14/A15/A12A use the same head.

* 1980 oval port - 80 HP

* 1980 round port - 65 HP used with all 5-speed models

If you can find a head cast "H89" in the rocker area, these are from JDM "used crate motors" and are considered better performing. But the H92 head is the best factory head and is very rare. 2nd best and not too rare is the A12T head from a JDM B210.

• 1 month later...

ive desided im not going to mess with the head until i get a respectable carb set up. su's ideally but im considering yamaha r1's realistically. finally got the a15 yanked from the 210

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

working all weekend, im going to try to make the swap monday and/or tuesday

If the engine came from 1981 or 1982 210, it should have the smog head (medium oval ports, shrouded intake valve "swirl port"). They are closed chambers but pretty deep. This is for all 1981-1982 including A14 and A12A. This is the best low RPM head. Most torque & fuel economy.

For max full throttle HP, the 1979-1980 A15 would have the best 80HP head (same as A14) -- except for 5-speed A14s & A15s which came with 65HP heads.

• 4 weeks later...

the lower portions frame had to be grinded down in the back about an inch and then slid in nicely but i had to drill some new holes to hold it in place. the back portion wouldnt fit in at all so i had to take the fabric off and tack it to the stock frame. it wasnt difficult by any means

• 6 months later...

So what happen to the upper dash? Did you end up getting the one you mention earlier? I have a 1978 B210 same as yours and I am in the process of tripping the whole interior and I am looking for a new upper dash to replace the one it currently has. I been also very curios about those dash "caps". Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.