the guacamole mobile

king bee66

I hope not so wide you will have to fab new hangers and shackles? Im not sure of the spring width, and Im not going out to measure meow, but you COULD, if you HAD to, go to Tractor supply, buy a couple of trailer springs the correct width, toss the main spring, and add to your existing spring stack.

im going to use the stock hangers and shackles from the 710, im not sure if youve ever noticed, but the ones that came on the b210s actually tapper inward, from the car, to accommodate narrower leafsprings.

so they should be a perfect fit, although it got a little to dark for me to get a good look...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I misunderstood your comment about bad suspension and riding on the bump stops. If it sags, the springs are worn out or somebody tried to lower it incorrectly. Most B210s do not sag in the back (ride on the bump stops).

The reason all B210s do not ride smooth is: Light car compared to heavy unsprung weight. If you put sandbags in the back it rides smoother (assuming your springs are like stock). But then your acceleration gets slower.

im going to use the stock hangers and shackles from the 710, im not sure if youve ever noticed, but the ones that came on the b210s actually tapper inward, from the car, to accommodate narrower leafsprings.

so they should be a perfect fit, although it got a little to dark for me to get a good look...

I had noticed on mine the angled rear shackles...I didnt know if you grabbed the shackles and front spring hangers with the springs. Anyway, shackles are the easy part, the hangers could be a bit of a pain to fab. Are the measurements the same front spring eye to center spring bolt?

i was able to have a nice look at it today, and unfortunately i am going to have to fab something to get them to work after all. the stuff i got off of the 710 is a little to beefy for my little b210 chassis. i dont think its beyond my skill level though.

Whats the spring width, and do the factory hangers bolt to the framerail or a plate off to the side?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...