Just bought my First Datsun!

I've been looking for a few weeks and I just purchased my first Datsun Today. I drove out to Santa Cruz today to look at a 1969 Datsun 510 4dr. I was amazed at how clean it was and how well put together it still is today. It has 56k original miles and everything is factory original for the exception of the steering wheel. Drove it 1hr home with no problems whatsover. I think I wanna throw some ganster white walls on, buff out the paint, throw a webber on and maybe a msd system, and finish it off with a bike rack. That should be it. Enjoy the pics, and oh yeah, just joined the forums today! Hope to get and give a lot of good info and make some great friends. Peace and blessings

0312111205.jpg

0312111205a.jpg

0312111159.jpg

0312111159a.jpg

0312111204.jpg

0312111203.jpg

0312111205b.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the props and warm welcome! Couple of questions for yall since I'm a newb...

1. Is there a roof rack available for my four door that I can put on thats reversible? Even a universal one of some sort, I like the nostalgic kinds.

2. Most "cost effective" place to purchase a webber carb?

3. Any other reversible options for more power / higher mph?

4. Best shops in Nor Cal for 510's / Datsuns?

Be careful how much you modify that car, it's one of the few left that are that original. Many of us know the history of the car, and would hate to see it hacked. My advice would be to only make mods that are easily reversible.

Believe me, thats my plan. When I'm done, I want this car to look like it just rolled out the factory with all the trimmings while still retaining all the original components (paint, motor, trans, interior, etc). I want everything to be easily reversed.

Thanks for the props and warm welcome! Couple of questions for yall since I'm a newb...

1. Is there a roof rack available for my four door that I can put on thats reversible? Even a universal one of some sort, I like the nostalgic kinds.

2. Most "cost effective" place to purchase a webber carb?

3. Any other reversible options for more power / higher mph?

4. Best shops in Nor Cal for 510's / Datsuns?

Believe me, thats my plan. When I'm done, I want this car to look like it just rolled out the factory with all the trimmings while still retaining all the original components (paint, motor, trans, interior, etc). I want everything to be easily reversed.

A lot of the parts you need can be found right here on Ratsun in the parts for sale section. There is a guy that makes some pretty cool roof racks and I just bought a weber carb here I think there is another for sale in there still. Check it out. As for shops I have no idea but some one else might or there may be a Ratsunner near you that is handy with a wrench. Hope you find what you need

Dude I would kill for that car. Don't touch it. Well a 32-36 won't hurt it much. But other than that I would rock that thing all day long. Nice find. :D