8.8 Quake Hits Japan and triggers 20' Tsunami

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawaii supposed to get it about 5am and the pacific coast around 7 according to one news report. Kinda bouncing around them. Might be skrewed where I live if something becomes of this. Not from

the actual wave but a surge pushed into the mouth of grays harbor and up the chehalis would be bad news considering I live right at flood plain. Not worried though i'm waking up at 6:30 to run my girlfiend to her moms to baby sit her little sister and i live at the base of the biggest hill in town.

The warning came on a few minutes ago to a possible max of 1 meter. I am about to drive down to the coast and see how many people are freaking out.

The gas station here is packed, i can see the line going down the road, and i see people throwing shit in their car and bailing...

The gas station here is packed, i can see the line going down the road, and i see people throwing shit in their car and bailing...

Is that really necessary? They said it will reach 1 meter max, I didn't see anyone outside and I drove right on the road that is on the beach, literally on the sand and the houses on the sand noone even seemed to care. A couple people had their TV's on and doors open that was it. I saw some old people leaving, that was the only thing.

I really dont think that's needed. Some people just panic. Its natural. I just packed a little necessity items and went to higher ground tillwe see what happens to hawaii just to be safe. Having kids I don't take the chance. A 3ft wave shouldn't really do much