Topher's 72 SR 510

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have ran stainless for your fuel lines. If a rock nicks that aluminum then your line(s) and possibly your life is screwed. It is rare that it happens but it does. Most of the coiled aluminum line manufacturers state that the line is not for use with efi.

• Like 1

I thought that was high too. I had a shop quote me and they wanted more than that tho. $80hr and materials.

I am sure it is not hard to do it yourself....

i hate businesses that shoot u a high bid with the hopes to frustrate u or even better u decide to go ahead and there super excited they are making a grip for a simple job...

Sorry I didnt respond sooner. Stainless is much harder to bend than aluminum. But like jrock said you have a template. I think it would be better to buy the tubes since you wont have to try and straighten the coils out. The drawback with the straight tubes is the lengths. I found them in 8' sections in a 3/8ths inch on amazon. The coils usually use .020 wall tubing and that is a lot easier to bend than some of the other straight tube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

side note .... washinton state patrol gave my friend heck and threatened impound for using a gps speedo on his motard.....after research he was wrong lots of things are going to gps speedo ....the guy also wanted him to put a double steel tank since it has a plastic tank on it too..... me think s he was just being a dick.... those speedhut guages are sick ... nice and clean, simple and understated like the rest of the car....looking good