Play guitar!

Every now and then my almost grown up kids bring me something that they are 'in to' for the moment. A flavor of the month as it were. Mostly it's crap, you know that word for music, but with a silent c. But now and then I almost get 'in to' it myself (not the crap though) I mean the last time was a couple of years ago with GTA and ending with San Andreas. I guess the thing I liked (besides the violence) was the knockout retro '70s Foghat through Heart, CCR and Stewart.

Enter my oldest for supper last night, with desert. Guitar Heros 3

It may not be for everyone, maybe its childish, but it sure is fun!!! By the third go round on Cream's "sunshine of your love", I has getting over 90% of the notes. (lol) Had to eventually stop because my fingers were sore, but not before giving "Paint It Black" "Black Magic Woman" a few tries and "Slow Ride" and by... Foghat, a bit more than that. Great fun even when you fuck up and the crowd boos you off stage. The band members throw their guitars and look disgusted. Try it.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that game is fun. usually end up playing it while drinking and hanging out with friends... there is a drummer version of the game (or was) in arcades. havent been in years though.

as for rap, im just tired of it and it was the reason i became a dj. :lol: but my dad listens to it now. go figure?

I'm a big fan of guitar hero, but sadly have no means of playing it at home.

Better yet...Rock Band. You get guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. with WAY more songs available than GH3.

Someday in the not to distant future, I will get a new computer (mac of course) capable of running GH3, then hope and pray that they release Rock Band for pc/mac

our name on rock band is "the taint rollers" on xbox live. im the lead singer. hahahaha. but yes, i am a guitar hero guy and please send me your $20 john, because i can make it through "through the fire and flames" on medium...even hit 51% of the notes on expert! LOL! what is fun is mastering the songs, then trying to play them perfect. i am on that kick right now. ive played 4 of the songs perfect on medium. this game seems to be one that transends the generation gap!

edit: bacardi, your band name is four on the floor, and little trivia for you. the band stixx, their original name was "four in the floor" yet, there were five people in the band. when they got picked up by the record company, they said that name was stupid and gave them 5 names to pick from. they picked stixx.

i just got gh3 on sunday (yesterday) and made it all the way thru easy past all the callanges first try with no problem (all 94+%) and now am going back thru to master them before continuing to meduim. there are still some spots on some songs that throw me, so i gotta practice. i still cant seem to get slayers song in segment 8. that thing is whacky. i just got the wireless guitar too, so its very nice! we gonna have to have gh3 meetings now. lol

John said it right when he sang:

You can pump your iron and shine your shoes

And wear your hair just right

You go down out on cruisin' street

'Cause you want to score tonight

Ra da ra da ra da

And you really want to show your scars

Forget all about that macho shit

And learn how to play guitar

edit: bacardi, your band name is four on the floor, and little trivia for you. the band stixx, their original name was "four in the floor" yet, there were five people in the band. when they got picked up by the record company, they said that name was stupid and gave them 5 names to pick from. they picked stixx.

That is a nice piece of trivia there. we kinda picked our name after doing tequila shots and playing GH2 while thinking about getting Rockband.

I am the drummer? what is your specialty? i can play the guitar really well but i am the best at the drums compared to the other guys n my band

i am *pretty* good at guitar, i play on hard on GH3, but two of my friends with rock band play expert on guitars, so they have the guitars, my expert friend's fiancee plays the drums (she is the only one of us worth a shit on the drums) and im the lead singer. we haven't gotten together in a while to play though, we need to get it all set up and try to find ya'll on live and have battle of the bands!! LOL!!

This weekend was way cool.I play in a real rock band(with those real instrument things).We played a show on saturday and had a great time.We played last and got home around 2:00 am and decided to hang out at the drummers house for the usual after bar drinking.I mentioned that I thought his rock star game must be stupid.He turned it on and I was hooked!He has the guitar,drums and mic.

We ended up spending the next 2 plus hours glued to that damn game.What a blast.Almost as fun as the real rock band gig earlier!

Honestly,as a guitar player I think I could learn all of those songs on the real thing a lot faster than I could do it on expert on the game.:lol: