Weber Carb adapter question

Rob W.

Just a quick check before I order it... Will this adapter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300532533546&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT#ht_3685wt_1018

work with this carb

weber 32/36 carb needs kit-$50 obo

DSCF4703.jpg

I just bought off dat77sun. I'm pretty sure that its a 32/36 DGV right? Any help is welcome. I will need a air cleaner too if anyone has one they want to get rid of.

Also what jets do you recommend for 5000 ft of elevation?

Thanx for any help or thoughts you might have.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have I guess I just want to be sure its a 32/36 DGV best I can tell it is but wanted to be sure as I don't have it here with me and I want everything in the mail around the same time so I can get it done right away. I hate waiting smile.gif

Can't tell from that photo. It looks like a DGV (32/36) but the 38/38 looks the same. Uses the same adpater too I think. You can measure the bores at the bottom.

Originally it would have come with a tag stating the model. Does it still have that attached to one of the cover bolts?

Its a 32/36 for sure just wasn't sure of the model. Forgive my ignorance but are all 32/36's DGV's? It seems like it but, I don't know much about these all I have found shows that. Unfortunately I don't have the carb yet but I'll have better pics tomorrow. No tag either.

Any thoughts on jetting for high altitude??

You want a bad ass adaptor? Buy this! I hogged out my intake and it looks bad ass and I heard gives like 1 HP?

http://www.amazon.com/Trans-Dapt-2107-Datsun-Holley-Adapter/dp/B000CQ47RE

Carburetor Adapter Weber DGV And Holley 5200-5210 Series Carbs To Datsun 1600-1800 Toyota Courier 1.75 in. x 3 1/8 in. Pattern

ONE LEFT!!!

http://www.tdperformance.com/products/adapters.asp?id=3682&rsku=7342

Its a 32/36 for sure just wasn't sure of the model. Forgive my ignorance but are all 32/36's DGV's?

No, but that one is.

There's the 32/36 DGV (manual choke, which is what that one is). Then there's the DGAV ("A" means auto choke, specifically water choke) and DGEV (Electric Choke) but almost all Electric choke webers use the DGAV body as stamped on the carb itself.

There is also a 32/36 DFV. The difference between the DFV and DGV is the primary/secondary bores are swapped, which makes the throttle pull the opposite direction. They use a visibly different air cleaner adapters (the DFV top is a rounded diamond shape). There are DFAV and DFEV versions as well.

To make it more interesting there are Webers that look identical, like the DGAV 34/34 and the DGAS 38. The DGAS 38 is a little easier to ID because the synchronous (vs progressive) throttles are geared together vs having pinned linkages.

All these carbs have an identifier, showing the actual factory model number, on a stamped pad on the carb base. But as I noted, almost all DGEVs are stamped as DGAVs. The only difference was the choke adapter, which swaps between the 2.

Motivated. that is a cool looking filter. Does it fit right on the weber without modification?

Yes it fits the weber just fine. The only thing is that is does not come with is a "hole" to connect the valve cover escape/breather to it. I bought a K&N filter to cover and protect the valve cover hole/breather.